Antispor

Majin Vegeta and Escalation revealed

Babidi has come forth, and honestly, I actually think he's really solid. Just his named cards alone make him a phenomenal Ally MP, and honestly, he kind of feels like the finished product to King Kai's beta MP, bringing in all the strength of the Cell/Cell Jr. engine into the traits era (although I still think Cell/Jr is a slightly better deck at doing this, in part owing to access to Namekian).

That said, it does annoy me that the post makes this bold declaration of how he "interacts with allies in a new way," when he is seriously a rehash of Cell's Awakening stack straight down to the use of Ally-based mill strategies. The difference is that he has more focus on utility, while Cell has more focus on offense.

2 hours ago, Denithan said:

Babidi has come forth, and honestly, I actually think he's really solid. Just his named cards alone make him a phenomenal Ally MP, and honestly, he kind of feels like the finished product to King Kai's beta MP, bringing in all the strength of the Cell/Cell Jr. engine into the traits era (although I still think Cell/Jr is a slightly better deck at doing this, in part owing to access to Namekian).

That said, it does annoy me that the post makes this bold declaration of how he "interacts with allies in a new way," when he is seriously a rehash of Cell's Awakening stack straight down to the use of Ally-based mill strategies. The difference is that he has more focus on utility, while Cell has more focus on offense.

He said he interacts with allies in a new way because he can search all of the opponent’s zones for their allies, which may be hero allies, on level 4. At least, that’s how I took it. He seems to be a mix of Ginyu, Cell, and Wheelo. Overall I like this a lot.

1 hour ago, Antispor said:

He said he interacts with allies in a new way because he can search all of the opponent’s zones for their allies, which may be hero allies, on level 4. At least, that’s how I took it.

I mean, you might be right, but my take away was that it was how he "uses and abuses" his allies as that was the following line.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Just irritating to me as a personal note.

Piccolo’s Lethal Chop is great. I didn’t expect Piccolo to get a named card seeing as he is plenty good but a sinister choke with setup/drill/ally/attach card hate is pretty damn amazing.

Concussive blow has a place in Majin Vegeta decks easy.

Saiyan Flying Kick is a mediocre card for a garbage Mastery.

19 hours ago, Jaith1 said:

Saiyan Flying Kick is a mediocre card for a garbage Mastery.

You mean Rampaging Mastery?

I think we'll need to agree to disagree there, honestly. I actually really love Rampaging Mastery, even among the other Saiyan Masteries, for it's synergy with Saiyan Clench and Flying Kick is a pretty perfect card for what is a niche (and hilariously fun) deck. I'd even go so far as to say that it feels like it's a card specifically for Saiyan Clench decks since it goes for flat stage damage.

Besides, I just think you might be generally underrating Flying Kick. It's a bit underwhelming, and the discard effect is pretty much hamstrung to Rampaging (or match-ups against Black, I guess?), but an additional - 1 anger on top of ALL HIT effects isn't the worst thing in the world and could really stack up depending on hand composition. It'll obviously change by deck, but hey, Broly or Nappa might have some fun with it.

But on the topic of Piccolo's Lethal Chop, is it me, or does that seem like... Actually a bit much. No cost, 6 life cards, unpreventable, spin a free card from the board. Wh-what the fuck? And the only downside is "Banish After Use?" What the actual...
As you said, Piccolo is plenty good. He is not a rogue MP who needed this kind of buff.
SO WHY IS THIS CARD SO RIDICULOUSLY GOOD FOR WHAT IS BASICALLY FREE.

On 6/28/2018 at 4:12 PM, Denithan said:

You mean Rampaging Mastery?

I think we'll need to agree to disagree there, honestly. I actually really love Rampaging Mastery, even among the other Saiyan Masteries, for it's synergy with Saiyan Clench and Flying Kick is a pretty perfect card for what is a niche (and hilariously fun) deck. I'd even go so far as to say that it feels like it's a card specifically for Saiyan Clench decks since it goes for flat stage damage.

Besides, I just think you might be generally underrating Flying Kick. It's a bit underwhelming, and the discard effect is pretty much hamstrung to Rampaging (or match-ups against Black, I guess?), but an additional - 1 anger on top of ALL HIT effects isn't the worst thing in the world and could really stack up depending on hand composition. It'll obviously change by deck, but hey, Broly or Nappa might have some fun with it.

But on the topic of Piccolo's Lethal Chop, is it me, or does that seem like... Actually a bit much. No cost, 6 life cards, unpreventable, spin a free card from the board. Wh-what the fuck? And the only downside is "Banish After Use?" What the actual...
As you said, Piccolo is plenty good. He is not a rogue MP who needed this kind of buff.
SO WHY IS THIS CARD SO RIDICULOUSLY GOOD FOR WHAT IS BASICALLY FREE.

Right now piccolo is a tier 2 mp, but none of his good decks have reliable board control, so this will likely help him a lot. 

It's a very good card. I like it because piccolo has needed a new named card for a long time and this helps him fill in a lot of holes, but I also dislike it because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with piccolo (no synergy). Which is a shame because he'll probably never get another full mp stack, so it would've been nice to see some synergy for flavor's sake. Probably means we'll get some namekian cards (style and/or trait) that synergize with his mp powers instead.

The straws that are breaking it for me is that it's an unpreventable critical on top of giving board control, without any stage costs. If it just had a stage cost of 2 (or hell, even 1 would be more understandable), I'd be completely down for it.