Stryyder

Nintendo E3 Direct

So I quite DBS a month or so ago and haven't really played any CCGs lately, but I had to post this somewhere because I'm still hyped.  The Nintendo Direct for E3 was, frankly, a bit meek on new titles aside from the smash bros coverage.  Some good titles (Fire Emblem, MHGU, Fortnite, Mario Party with multi switch gimmick, FighterZ) and also a bonus for new Pokémon, with Mew included in the Pokeball+ controller.  But considering they spent half the direct on Smash, they made it COUNT.  Some highlights:

*EVERY FIGHTER FROM SMASH HISTORY RETURNS - Even Wolf and Ice Climbers
*New Fighter Classification - Echo Fighter - these are fighters that are built off of other similar fighters, like Dark Pit and Lucina
*Only 3 new fighters - Inklings, Daisy (Echo Fighter off Peach) and FREAKING RIDLEY
*Omega stages are back
*New game balances for 1v1 as opposed to 3+ players
*GAMECUBE CONTROLLER COMPATIBILITY
*Amiibo support
*Louder for the people in the back: FREAKING RIDLEY

So yeah, the hype is real.

They're doing great so far with the Switch. They continue to regularly add titles and deliver 1st parties that are fun. They recently started cross play with Xbox on Paladins and with it coming soon for Minecraft, I got a feeling that library of cross play will grow which is a great thing for gamers in general. Now if Sony will jump on that bandwagon, there may never be a stale or dead multiplayer again. 

I didn't plan on quitting DBS a month ago but that's pretty much how it is playing out.  I haven't gone to any tournaments I said I would, havent hit up any drafts; hell, my wife and I only got a few games in over the last month.  I still want to draft some time but I haven't been paying much attention to new stuff at all.  Getting into D&D really phased DBS out of my hobby rotation.

I don't even own a Switch and I'm excited for a new Smash.  Ridley is an awesome addition.  From what I read, the damage scales different depending on the number of players that started the match; so damage is higher in 1v1 than a 4-man free-for-all, which is awesome.  New Gamecube controllers made for this game too; perhaps they saw pro player's crutching on old controllers or the Smashbox and finally decided to compete?  Maybe they'll start having a hand in competitive play? 

Nintendo had their stuff together this year (I think they're on a roll at this point).  Companies like Squeenix, on the other hand, advertised big things and then shit bricks.

Honestly I wish they would add the new characters to the Wii U and 3ds versions.  I understand they fixed some jank but I spent allot of money on Smash 4 and I don't feel like this new one is worth it to upgrade to a switch.