sh0ryu_repp4

Ultimate Box Info

So we finally got some info on the Ultimate Box, dropping August 2nd which is VERY soon (too soon imo)

General Info: http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/us-en/product/dbs-es03.php

Cardlist: http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/us-en/cardlist/?search=true&category=428403

I am impressed at the support some archetypes are getting and once SS3 gets nerfed (when, not if) more decks are gonna be viable and I LOVE the 17 in this box. A 3 drop 25K barrier/blocker beatstick (with Android 17/18 leader obviously) that pops a card on summon is FANTASTIC and exactly the support Droids needs. The new Broly is another highlight.

First off, $100 seems like an absolutely ridiculous price for what it comes with.  The value of this box sucks for anyone who doesnt collect and play all styles.  This product features many of the same problems that people had with the expansion deck box sets:

1.  It will be difficult to find people willing to break up the play sets they got from this box
  2.  Scarcity of product (or hoarding product and jacking prices as some stores do) will lead to the better cards (ie: meta) becoming insanely expensive
  3.  Due to the above, players focused on a specific style will need to pay high prices for individual cards

Some of the support look great, some of it looks (much of it, after a second look) half-baked.

The 5-cost Cell is very intriguing when you consider building a deck around evolving into him with the 3 drop Cell or play with Cells Birth.  The A17 card you mentioned is really cool; I wish they would design more stuff like this rather than putting a paragraph of text on a card.  The 2-cost Goku Jr that can have Swap 8 for 5 energy is too good. 

Masked Saiyan offers a cool effect and I really interested to see its impact on the meta.  My guess is that Starterku makes a comeback.

Overall, some cool stuff, but I really cant see it ever being worth $100.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:27 PM, The Bear said:

First off, $100 seems like an absolutely ridiculous price for what it comes with.  The value of this box sucks for anyone who doesnt collect and play all styles.  This product features many of the same problems that people had with the expansion deck box sets:

1.  It will be difficult to find people willing to break up the play sets they got from this box
  2.  Scarcity of product (or hoarding product and jacking prices as some stores do) will lead to the better cards (ie: meta) becoming insanely expensive
  3.  Due to the above, players focused on a specific style will need to pay high prices for individual cards

Some of the support look great, some of it looks (much of it, after a second look) half-baked.

The 5-cost Cell is very intriguing when you consider building a deck around evolving into him with the 3 drop Cell or play with Cells Birth.  The A17 card you mentioned is really cool; I wish they would design more stuff like this rather than putting a paragraph of text on a card.  The 2-cost Goku Jr that can have Swap 8 for 5 energy is too good. 

Masked Saiyan offers a cool effect and I really interested to see its impact on the meta.  My guess is that Starterku makes a comeback.

Overall, some cool stuff, but I really cant see it ever being worth $100.

Oh yeah it definitely isn't worth the $100. I am just going to buy a playset of the 17 's and maybe a Broly.