So what is the meta in your points of view? 

Blue Ally Mill

Broly (Anything)

Trunks (Ascension/Misch)

F.Gohan/Gohan/Drawku (anything)

Yamcha/Supreme Kai (Orange).

And then maybe Slug Ball, MVegeta, HVegeta, Goten?

How are you guys teching accordingly? My tech prioritizes anti-unleash and discard pile hate.

We have like... two metas lol. Our ToP practice group and then the rest of the group.

Our Normal group had this HUGE spike of Dabura that seemed to shape the meta. Certain decks just can't handle the level of aggression Dabura can pump out. Because of it, decks that can have risen in prominence. M.Vegeta has been some response, Ally Mill decks (Though they run the risk of being entered on and just getting wrecked in one bad combat). Adept Gohan / Goten MPPV/Survival decks have been getting some love, Drawku and F.Gohan are always present. Oddly no real Yamcha or Surpreme Kai, though I suspect that they would be doable if they don't get caught in a bad combat. 

Discard Pile hate has been rapidly growing in both circles, as has anger hate and anti-ally techs. Spheres seem to be running around at 3-ofs in most decks up from the 2-ofs. 

Anti-Anger. You NEED anti-anger. Holy shit, why is MPPV still so popular/strong? We have SO MUCH HATE for MPPV. Also, some Event-Hatred will go a fair distance.

It's actually really difficult to say what to tech for with this upcoming meta though. I feel like it's still in flux and hasn't settled down enough yet where we can confidently say what will be the most common deck-type or MP. And then there's always the problem that there are some MPs you just cannot tech for because they only have specific weaknesses (Drawku).
Especially with the ToP, because there is a HUGE range of decks with very different focuses I keep seeing pop-up. At this point in the game, I'd actually probably recommend that rather than focusing in on teching for the meta, you should really focus on finding techs that protect and cover your bad match-ups. That, or if you're playing a highly combat aggressive deck, trying to find a combo of MP/Style that really helps you cover your bases without hard-dedicating to a specific counter.

An example that I'm quite partial to of late is Black Perceptive Awakening Gohan with a variety of combat enders and a LOT of omni blocks. Things like Black Scout Maneuver are really handy for picking out your opponent's key pieces and combat enders (in combination with cards like Black Side Thrust), and the deck gives you a LOT of freedom. Alternatively,  Red Majin Buu has a lot of innate pressure and board control, and can counter any kind of presence.
There are a few issue with this approach. Personally, I find that these decks struggle greatly against Broly, and they lose out to anti-meta builds like Saiyan/Ascension Majin Vegeta (who is often built to specifically kill non-Survival decks, and you get caught in the cross-hair). But if I'm honest, it is VERY hard to tech for those two while covering your other bases.

Alternatively, just grab yourself any Broly deck, power/Unleashed up to 4 and tech for the Broly match-up. The only true weakness of a Broly deck is another Broly deck (and maybe Future Gohan).

There are some staples though. As Aimanax said, Spheres are a 3 of, and if you have a God MP, you can tech in their new Sphere card. On The Move! is a huge card as well, since almost every competing MP has a pretty strong attack that they swing with (or copied attacks, or ally attacks, or etc.), or you can just use it to get around a forced Pass. Combat!Blue has hard staples in the de-levelling/anger hate cards, and Orange has a lot of freedom to fit in anti-Ally cards.
If you rock Saiyan, you can probably find a home for Saiyan Domination. Both Rampaging and Dynamic will make the card live fairly early on.

Okay, now that ToP is out of the way I think we can better assess the goodies we got.

Babidi confirmed pretty good, going into semi-finals and having a super close game against BroGeta. 

Buu I don't think got a fair shot in the ToP, I would have loved to have seen an Ascension Buu in there but I'm glad to see people respecting the sheer amount of rejuvination flying around these days and running cards like Popo to counter it.

Broly is still a MONSTER. I think it was a 24 minute first round for Broly followed by a 20-22 minute second round only finally losing out in a slow grinding 50+ minute game against the tournament winning Supreme Kai list. 

Halt is a good card. 

In the testing environment for this, our own play group was pretty spot on for meta choices it seemed, but things just tipped the wrong way. Joel's Ascension Krillin had some bad match-ups, but they were rare enough in the conversation and he could consistently fight against any of the other more control oriented decks people were touting. Same with Jeff's Future Gohan - though in our testing we found that Ascension Buu, Mischievous Buu, Ruthless Dabura, and Mischievous Dabura to be pretty consistent decks against anything else we threw at them and had some super dominating victories and any losses received were really close. I would strongly suggest people give these decks another look, they are far better than people are giving credit and have far better matchups then you might think at first glance.

My personal favorite has been Ascension Buu. It plays a lot like Ascension Cooler, but for me it has better built in synergy than cooler does. 
1 - Concussive Strike/Red Disregard + Red Panic/Red Disregard: I LOVE this. What feels better than a 3 anger swing card that rejuvinates 2? A card that counts as styled so it doesn't increase risk on mastery. has the potential to either be a 5 anger swing card, a 4 anger swing card + ball fetch, or still a 3 anger swing card with double ball fetch (Requires a banished ball). Concussive Strike is by far one of my favorite cards in this deck and because of it, the opponent has to be super careful about what is in my discard pile at ALL times.

2 - Buu's Chocolate + Red Controlled Anger Drill: I absolutely love this combo, especially on level 3/4. Being able to use controlled anger drill for a decent rejuv, then power to pull Chocolate onto my own card to later threaten a 2 anger play and while keeping up damage tempo feels great. 

3 - Buu's Candy Beam: This one is simple, it's a built in card to pull your candy's sure. Yes, everyone admits that it's needed to have early access to your board removal. However, since you are already running it at 3-of, you need to worry less about cards like Mule Kick for attach removal as you have a built in way to remove attached cards. Feels good.

4 - Buu's setups: In most ascension decks, running a full suite of named cards is risky due to the overall number of non-styled cards increasing the chance that the mastery skip fails. Running an Ascension Ball deck only further complicates things. In other decks, I don't like putting myself at a -3 card disadvantage at the start of the game for no real power gain (Frieza level 1 at least gets to go -7 to go to level 2 and then immediately use those banished 7 cards for crits) but in this I love reducing the chance of a dead draw / mastery power. I haven't done the math on it, so maybe with the mastery power it ends up being a wash, but it also feels like reducing card count to increase odds of drawing into balls for auto win (Or banishing a ball to later concussive/Disregard/mastery into Panic for an unexpected ball victory) feels pretty fantastic.

5 - Buu's AT Bracket retention: HOLY CRAP. This dude's bracket retention is REAL. On level 1 he is comparable to most level 4s. With his built in -1 stage on level 1, plus ball 6 once you get it, and consistent stage gain from crits from mastery... this guy becomes a difficult guy to push stage damage onto. Trading blows with even this more ball/MPPV victory deck I have found that most stage beat decks have a hard time keeping their AT relevant in the fight and end up doing next to no damage to me through the early game, allowing me to coast through early levels without any real pressure. 

So there are some of my points on Ascension Majin Buu, and like I said I would strongly suggest people look into him. I have been having a blast with the deck and so far have not really found any real bad match-ups besides those occasional ones where it wouldn't have mattered what I was playing (Dabura entering combat with 8+ card hands and you only drawing 1 physical block for example).

I dont know if i should be happy or annoyed about orange goten in the previous blog post (been away for a while). I said earlier in the thread that i wanted to try combative but after re-reading the mastery i quickly discarded the idea but my after thought was “what about adept goten?”

In theory it seemed like it could work but as an mppv build in a mastery that seems to want to focus on a small drill count to then lose momentum when advancing your win condition, im pleasently surprised that i was on the right track (except for the drill count). 

Were there any adept gotens at TOP?

No Adept anything at ToP. 16 man event with only 2 orange entrants: Adaptive 13 and Combative Trunks, both of which were knocked out in round 1.

Adept Goten is pretty fun, especially with the two new physical beats cards from escalation. His parenthetical on level-up makes up for a lot of the potentially lost momentum that adept suffers from when changing levels since you can quickly get back to the two primary leveling drills. Our group has been debating which deck is stronger, Adept Goten or Adept Gohan. I personally believe Gohan, since his parenthetical can ensure the drill reset upon level vs Gohan giving you additional tools that now count as styled and level 2 ensuring that you get Orange Beatdown. 

On 8/28/2018 at 4:08 AM, Amanax said:

No Adept anything at ToP. 16 man event with only 2 orange entrants: Adaptive 13 and Combative Trunks, both of which were knocked out in round 1.

Adept Goten is pretty fun, especially with the two new physical beats cards from escalation. His parenthetical on level-up makes up for a lot of the potentially lost momentum that adept suffers from when changing levels since you can quickly get back to the two primary leveling drills. Our group has been debating which deck is stronger, Adept Goten or Adept Gohan. I personally believe Gohan, since his parenthetical can ensure the drill reset upon level vs Gohan giving you additional tools that now count as styled and level 2 ensuring that you get Orange Beatdown. 

I like how gotens powers take from gokus premier and awakening stacks but with his parantheticals i think he actually was made with adept in mind. Whether he was or not im glad theres finally an mp that can make up for adepts weakness. 

Been a fan of orange decks since i started playing for some reason  and im glad i can finally make a viable adept build.

moving on to escalation, i havent printed anything from set 11 but im dying to try On The Move! I knew it had to see play given how popular i remember black delay was during the vengeance format.

An Unleashed Adept deck does not need Goten at all and works very well: 

You land an attack. Get Devouring Drill in play with Mastery. 

If you have Extension/Collision/Dismissal you level up next action (effects that directly “play” drills).

If you have Dodge/ChargedKick, you return a drill to your hand to play it in your setup phase, level up. Dodge/ChargedKick also work splendidly with Possesion Drill. 

Everytime you level up, you are rejuvenating Checkup Drill with Mastery. Everytime you land an attack you are either tutoring devouring or check up Drill. 

Adept drawku can easily just chain 10 attacks on you in a combat. He has access to Sword Chop and Kaioken. All of his levels give him an extra card... it’s truly a beast of a deck if piloted properly. Cards just turn into more cards in hand.

35 minutes ago, Jaith1 said:

An Unleashed Adept deck does not need Goten at all and works very well: 

You land an attack. Get Devouring Drill in play with Mastery. 

If you have Extension/Collision/Dismissal you level up next action (effects that directly “play” drills).

If you have Dodge/ChargedKick, you return a drill to your hand to play it in your setup phase, level up. Dodge/ChargedKick also work splendidly with Possesion Drill. 

Everytime you level up, you are rejuvenating Checkup Drill with Mastery. Everytime you land an attack you are either tutoring devouring or check up Drill. 

Adept drawku can easily just chain 10 attacks on you in a combat. He has access to Sword Chop and Kaioken. All of his levels give him an extra card... it’s truly a beast of a deck if piloted properly. Cards just turn into more cards in hand.

Thats just gross lol thanks for the tip. My playgroup consists of only two people and im one of them, so much of what we know about the game is what we see here and on the blog. Definitely wish we had more people to play to experiment and develope an actual meta. 

Most of those combos are just Retribution Drawku things though. Ret was probably better for this purpose but Adept has the perk of getting out your Devouring drills if you have the right cards to combo with it. 

Freezing Drill, Driving Drill, and Hiding Drill are also amazing tools to have at your disposal.

I would recommend OCTGN. People play all sorts of stuff on there.