Sign in to follow this  
Mysterious Youth

Black Conflict Supreme Kai wins the Tournament of Power

You read it right. The "worst" Mastery in the game won the whole thing defeating Blue Tag Vegeta in the finals. Granted, I think Supreme Kai had more to do with that than Conflict. I believe this is the first time Orange hasn't won a worlds event. Of the 16 players, there were only two Orange decks. Both were defeated in round one.

OH SHIIIIT SON.

No shit, that is actually amazing. God damn, that's fantastic to hear.
Hopefully someone has a play-by-play somewhere that I can read and absorb.

Yeah I missed a good chunk of the final match, but from what I did see Conflict wasn't really doing so much (I think mainly there for stage gain if needed and the lower crit threshold to steal balls back if needed?)
The deck overall was just very well rounded. Hell, the entire tournament seemed super close. I know it would not have been possible due to time constraints and player fatigue, but I would have loved the entire tournament to be Bo3 and finals Bo5. So many matches, including round 1 matches, came down to 1-2 life cards left for the winner. 

Seeing orange get stomped out of the tournament round 1 was hilarious, especially with one of the two decks being the "Oh so broken" Combative Trunks that retro was saying was neigh unbeatable. Just goes to show that the decks can be easily dealt with if you tech properly, and a lot of players came prepared. 

I plan on watching it fully a little later myself - but for those who missed it here is the video of the final match: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302276295

My guess is that means there wasn’t a non-mppv adept deck there. Devouring Drill/Unleashed consistently get you to level 4. My candidates were Cell(old)/Drawku/Buu/Gohan. Very potent deck...

i would love to know the mindset behind the Conflict Mastery but my guess is it addresses two things fairly well: MPPV and Broly. It also might have allowed him to get greedy with some stage costly attacks.

Yeah, no adept. There was an Adaptive 13 and a Combative Trunks. I am guessing the Devouring Drill/unleashed package was used by the 13 deck to try and jump? No idea... it got Broly'd. Can't wait to see deck lists for some of them.

Wow okay, just saw the game and this is Black Krillin all over again but worse... and he was running ~30 planning step cards... it must have been something like:

Namek Ball 1-7

Dragon Radar

Heroic Plan

x2 Visiting the Past

x3 Black Searching Technique

x3 Black Command

x3 Black Power Up

x1 Black Smoothness Drill

x1 Black Absorption Drill

x1 Black Erasing Drill

x2 Black recollection Drill

x2 Android Efficiency Drill

x1 Kibito

x1 Kami

x1 Korin

x1 Ox King

2 hours ago, Amanax said:

Yeah, no adept. There was an Adaptive 13 and a Combative Trunks. I am guessing the Devouring Drill/unleashed package was used by the 13 deck to try and jump? No idea... it got Broly'd. Can't wait to see deck lists for some of them.

Adaptive over Adept in Android 13 beats seems a bit dumb, I have the suspicion he might have been trying some cheesy MPPV build, as an homage to Retribution 13. But I guess this guy was top 16 so I look forward to eating my words.

That guy was Trevor Cox, who won/topped multiple events with multiple decks playing different styles each time and was the #1 seed going into the tournament with 14,051 points. I was honestly shocked that he got knocked out round 1 in such a quick game. Another reason I can't wait for decklists, because like you I am scratching my head over why adaptive over adept for 13. The ONLY thing I can think of is unleashed/devouring to 2, level 2 power to 3, keep your board state while doing it, using unleashed and devouring if you get bumped to 4 or de-leveled to maintain level 3.