Sign in to follow this  
Jaith1

Obligatory post-FanZ post discussion.

A16 has a tutorable exclusive vtp that doesn’t BAU. I look forward to the potential A16 magic that may come. Without thinking about it enough, I am going to predict he has the juice he needs for some tier 1.5-2 fun but Majin Vegeta is going to bully him so hard. 

Red Android twin blast is way too good with hero 18. Red Drawku anger resource has a new competitor, but I almost think Drawku is still better than hero A18. Nevertheless it puts the RED in redneck robot decks out there, reminiscing their Enraged times.

Namekian Assimilation is a fun one. It can be used in your opponents planning step(!) is the key thing about this card. Very bold game design, and it’s synergistic with the Enlightened Mastery while also competing for those event slots with hurried quest in other Namekian decks.

Blue 2 anger energy attack. An archetype for blue at this point. I don’t see it relevant until we have a Villian that can whip out positioning drill consistently. 

Orange sword break is fine, given that it’s a minimum of zero and therefore cannot mill. “Not that orange needed it”, I am happy the net-deckers can now oscillate between blue ally mill and orange phys beats (of the Broly variation of course).

Saiyan Reinforcements is great. I will atttmpt a Saiyan Raditz saibamen deck at this point. Wish me luck.

Black face crush is stupid because black captures is stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. I hope A16 doesn’t find a home here because that would be disappointing. 

Discuss. Slander. Etc. Anyone else hate what they love and love what they see?

7 hours ago, Jaith1 said:

Saiyan Reinforcements is great. I will atttmpt a Saiyan Raditz saibamen deck at this point. Wish me luck.

Man you got my hopes up with that one. I've been trying to get Nappa Saibamen to work for awhile now (or even Turles Saibamen), and unfortunately, I just don't think Saiyan Reinforcement is the card to do it. Unfortunately, just like Saiyan's other Ally Tutor card, this thing can only grab other Saiyans.

Which honestly bodes really well for Nappa decks, since its flat stage damage AND grabs back your Clench, and drops a Turles to your board whose stage bonuses will also get doubled. But besides that, is super disappointing because I'm just waiting for a Saibamen deck to be made viable at this point.

Saibamen are probably for Blue decks imo. Tag/Resourceful Nappa could be a thing. Would be cool if Nappa had a saibamen fetching named card though.

it will be interesting to see if Saiyan reinforcements will be used in Cell ally decks though.

Assuming A16 becomes relevant and running x3 Staredown and x2 condor or whaever... I think A16 will result in decks packing more event hate. I will be backing off Namekian for a bit.

You're probably right in that Saibamen are for Blue decks, it's just a pain since none of the MPs who work with Saibamen really like Blue :/

I'm curious to see IF A16 becomes relevant. I'm not going to beat around the bush, I've straight-up never seen an A16 deck at play (nor have I built one) so I have no idea what to expect from him other than a hell load of anti-Event stuff and a respectable amount of tech'ing. But then, with how prominent beat decks are in our current environment, I've got to wonder if being Anti-Event is enough? Ultimately, I think it'll all come back to how well he moves between offense and defense. He'll work well as an Anti-Supreme Kai/Babidi MP, but does he have the tempo for the others?

And 100%, Saiyan Reinforcements will be a thing in Saiyan Ally Cell. That extra card gives him at least 10 Ally Searchers in your main deck, in addition to his own innate pulls.
The real question for me is, what mastery will they use? Will we see a Dynamic setup with his old Level 2 to try and rush to 3 for the generic Saiyan pulling, or will we see mixed beatdown/mill like we see in Blue and Namekian?

1 hour ago, Denithan said:

And 100%, Saiyan Reinforcements will be a thing in Saiyan Ally Cell. That extra card gives him at least 10 Ally Searchers in your main deck, in addition to his own innate pulls.
The real question for me is, what mastery will they use? Will we see a Dynamic setup with his old Level 2 to try and rush to 3 for the generic Saiyan pulling, or will we see mixed beatdown/mill like we see in Blue and Namekian?

Dynamic feels like a waste on cell given his lv1 nets him 2 anger a turn anyways.

I would only use the old level 2 in Namekian for the leaping kick.

4 hours ago, Jaith1 said:

Dynamic feels like a waste on cell given his lv1 nets him 2 anger a turn anyways.

See, I dunno, because it does let you just kick off with Cell Jr. shenanigans immediately without needing to wait to set-up.

That said, I think I'd still prefer Rampaging myself. His Level 1 + Rampaging's passive pretty much means any anger gain full-stop is Level 2, and after that, Level 3 is pretty easy to reach.