SSG

People Going Full Retard for Spheres

There is a Heroic Sphere on ebay with almost 2 hours left that is already up to $122. WHY?

I just don't understand the sudden increase in everything Panini-Z. Set 2 isn't out yet, so why are spheres gaining 10% in value on a daily basis lately? I thought $90 was already high lol

Has there been some kind of press release that I missed?

I think it's mostly due to organized play coming up

That makes sense, I guess. But people had to know all along that it was coming. I hate to think what they'll be going for once Panini reveals anything else about OP.

If that's the case. SSG Goku should be worth 4 to 5 times the current amount.

Yeah I don't think SSG Goku has hit his prime yet. Considering it's more scarce than a UR, I bet it climbs very quickly sometime after Set 2 is released.

I was about to sell my sphere to a guy on FB that was offering $90 but I'm glad I looked at ebay first. A Villainous one went for $100 earlier and this Heroic one is even higher than that. I'll give it a week

I added $14 to a relatively minor trade to pick up my Villainous one, but I just can't justify $100 for a card.

Also, I was thinking about it and since the cards on the Set 2 flyer weren't final, there is a chance that Vegeta's power might end up on Goku's ally card, etc. I was just thinking that since villains already have an ally to nix setups, giving the anti-event one to a hero might balance things out a bit.

I think people speculating on Vegeta might be why the villainous one is going for a little less atm. Who knows

I told you all spheres are going to hit $120+.lol I can see them topping out at $150.00 and possibly more if they release some good/broken events in the future.

Honestly if they do, I can seriously see them reprinting spheres sooner than later.  They'd basically be printing money for themselves (like mtg Khans with fetchlands)  I think it's a bad thing for the game to have the secondary market get out of hand for 2 cards that are worth triple (or more) than anything else.  Even more so because the effect is very powerful and unique, as well as not limited to 1 per deck.  And if people don't think it's out of hand yet, lets not hope it gets to Tarmogoyf levels before something is done about it.

They are posting on facebook for $125.  I think it's stupid crazy and I wouldn't ever pay or trade that.  I even hate the fact that I might look at 70-75 for ONE.  This is why I HATE MTG - the secondary market.  And opening boxes isn't bad sure - but you end up paying the same price almost.

You would have a 1/6 chance of getting a heroic energy sphere. If you didn't need anything else from the set is it really worth it to buy boxes?

I could sell the foils and rares I got and didn't need to make the money back from buying the box. Might as well do it until I find a heroic sphere.

Lol well to start off I wasn't the idiot who paid for that so that's nice, also my collection could have possibly just gained some serious vaule and if it doesn't at the very least incentivizing people to buy more boxes will bring down the value because availability will be up.

Nope. I think they will stay in the $100 dollar range.

I don't think Panini is going to reprint any of the URs till they have a good amount of sets made.

The other URs will go up in price too. Not as high but I see Heroic plan getting a boost when we get some more ally, Drill, and setup support in Set 2 and beyond

This is why the market is going insane right now.  People think that it'll help them w/ the first wave of OP (unlikely) or they'll be getting a jump on the need for them when the Expansion drops (more likely).