Sign in to follow this  
Kurt

Style Looking forward to using?

I'm interested in Orange and Red the most. Orange Goku looks like a lot of fun to play for a control player. Red looks like it can level fast and win the game (although Saiyan gets you up there on your crazy levels faster). Blue and black look interesting too. So far I'm not crazy about Namekian, but I guess we'll have to see what else each style brings to the table.

I really want to play an orange drill deck. I use to play with one back when score made the cards. They are really fun to play. I also think that the Namekian deck looks kinda week from what i can tell. They have the most under powered mastery for sure

I used to play a Gohan freestyle deck. So I guess an orange drill deck will be as close as I can get to my comfort zone. TBH it all looks familiar even with new mechanics. So let's see what PanZ brings to the table.

I'm basically looking forward to giving a try to all of the styles. But I am highly interested in finding out what the captain ginyu main personality cards do and if he would be worth playing.

A lot of the obvious synergies look really fun to play.

Planning an Orange Goku Deck and a Vegeta Saiyan.

I also want to see what Freiza will be good with, i am thinking black.

Probably all. Want to build a rainbow deck if rules allow it. If not I think it would be neat if they create a way to have a multiple styled deck. Like a Red/Blue Mastery or some way you can mix at least two of the styles.

Definitely depends on what else is in the set, but with what we've seen so far, Black Devious Mastery seems like it has potential to be built around. I'm anxious to see what Krillin's other levels do - based on his level 1 power, he might interact more with discard and synergize well with that.

Otherwise, Goku Orange should be super fun to play, and I want to see what else Namekian brings to the table.

I am just excited to get my hands on some cards! All the masteries look very interesting and show some potential, however without seeing the set, who knows if they will be any good. I do think some kind of SSG Goku beatdown deck will be playable though just because he is a level 1 with incredible stages, and actual hand advantage.

I have always had a penchant for Blue.  This new Mastery is something else too.  Blue TS and Blue CS wrapped into one nice card.  Frieza has some obvious synergy with it, but I also like Trunks/Gohan.  The Style does look a little SWKish at the moment...attacks that can be used as defenses, the Mastery, Frieza's L2/L4 power...so we'll have to see if that gets toned down or balanced with weaker attacks. 

From the current card pool I am also pondering Trunks Saiyan which seems like it could be quite an interesting take on Aggro DB a la Red Blazing.

In the end, I agree witih Justin.  There is just too much to see (and that will be changed) to say anything definitive yet.

Here's a brief list of things that I'm sure will crop up in my play group based on what we've seen as of today (2014/Aug/08):

-Orange Goku (Gotta see what the deck that tells you how to build it offers to new players)

-Namekian Piccolo

-Black Krillin

-Saiyan Trunks

-Blue Frieza

-Some MPPV Deck. Maybe Red Vegeta, but he sure slows down once he leaves level 1.

I just wouldn't be me if I didn't build and test every single viable deck set one. No preference right now, too early. I guess with a gun to my head I'm excited for Orange and I'm hearing good things about Black. Some things never change. Holding out hard for Namekian, though. Anger Beatball forever.