Stryyder

Set 4 - Dragonball Z Evolution drops 10/30/15

Didn't expect this.  retail promo flyer for set 4 is out.

Title - Dragonball Z Evolution (whyyyyyy?)

Starter deck set

70 card starters (60 card deck, 4 personality, 1 mastery, 1 more prism card, 4 foils)

Booster distribution the same as Set 1

Androids 17-20 plus hero vegeta

Tournament LEGAL starters

"special" Foil versions of MPs in boosters

Set symbol is Red Ribbon logo

18 is on the flyer, can't quite read her powers

(all this is subject to change as the set is released.)

Discuss

Pics or it didn't happen

18D386A2-122E-4CA3-91A9-138CB668CA7F_zps

Come on andriod 17 having awesome powers !

So are those all the starter personalities ?

Lacking in Heros lol

Wonder who the booster personalit are ..

Anyways , hyped up can't wait for previews and that last regional when this is legal lol

No word on which ones are starter personalities.  Seems like they are still evening it out, since set one was 4H2V.  Hopefully this means that they will have 2 booster only Hero personalities. (since the current split is 7H/9V)

I'm admittedly annoyed about Vegeta being a hero so soon. I'd strongly prefer that Panini do what Score did and make him what he is: A rogue personality. It's true that Vegeta was helpful as early as Frieza saga, but he can be quite brutal in-between helpful moments (His casual harming of Dende is one example), and he only helps for his own reasons. Do you think he gave a shit about anyone but him when dealing with Zarbon and confronting Frieza? No.

He didn't help against the Androids out of the kindness of his heart, and the same can be said for Cell. He willingly accepts Majin powers later just so he can fight Kakarot, and possibly kill him (but he only wants to do so if he can beat him at his best). Vegeta doesn't really go hero until Majin Buu saga and beyond, and even then I would find it acceptable to hold off until Kid Buu saga, where he truly starts reflecting upon his life and legitimately changes some of his ways.

Alright, my small Vegeta rant is completed... for now.

I am somewhat liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm a bit surprised to not see Goku, even despite his heart disease and relative absence for most of Android saga. He is the protagonist, after all. I'm really surprised to see no Piccolo, but perhaps he's being held off until early Cell saga? I mean, he did make quite a stand against 17. I'm also disappointed to not see Android 16 as a personality, but unlike Piccolo, that would completely make sense to hold off until Cell saga seeing as his powers are not truly seen until his fight with Stage 2/Imperfect Cell.

Perhaps my surprises and disappointments are too soon, especially considering that this is a pretty early leak/announcement, and I'm sure there is more information to come. I won't be going nuts on Set 4 with these details (saving that for Cell and Broly sets, of course!), but I will still definitely be buying a fair amount. If this truly is just the Trunks and Androids sagas, I'll have to wonder if Cell won't be until Autumn of 2016. It would be... insulting, if he wasn't in a starter set, in my opinion.

This is a general question for future sets, what is the likelihood of them coming out with personality levels not associated with all 4 levels?  Like a standalone level 3 Vegeta?  Or do you think it will always only be in sets of 4?

Come on andriod 17 having awesome powers !

So are those all the starter personalities ?

Lacking in Heros lol

Wonder who the booster personalit are ..

Anyways , hyped up can't wait for previews and that last regional when this is legal lol

There'll probably be heroes. You have to figure if they're making tournament legal starters then there'd be a namekian and saiyan deck. I figure they have to have Goku, and based purely on activity in that part of the series, Piccolo and Vegeta are getting mp's too. Gohan and Krillin can maybe safely sit in boosters for now, along with yamcha and whoever else.

This is a general question for future sets, what is the likelihood of them coming out with personality levels not associated with all 4 levels?  Like a standalone level 3 Vegeta?  Or do you think it will always only be in sets of 4?

I don't see why not. They did it in ScoreZ with things like a random vegeta level 2 in the kid buu saga and a bunch if insert level 1's in the preview and movie subsets. I'd love a new Frieza 1 and for trunks to get a look over.

I'll disagree about Vegeta.  No, he's not an altruistic hero, but is he ever?  Honestly, I would consider him "hero" (technically anti-hero) as opposed to Villain starting in Trunks saga.  Basically the fact that he's standing around with the other Z-fighters wearing a pink shirt and not killing anyone is about as much as you need to call Vegeta a "non-villain".  True, not necessarily "heroic" but not a bad guy anymore.

Whose bright idea was it to call the set Dragon Ball Z Evolution? Like the Z really helps to distinguish it from the live-action movie? It's all some people will think about.

I really hope there's a good split of hero and villain MPs between the starter and boosters. Really strange that they excluded 16. He doesn't fight until Cell, but he's right there shortly after 17 and 18 show up.

I also want at least Trunks to get a new MP stack. If there are no heroes besides Vegeta this set (which I doubt), the power levels will be skewed heavily. Not that that's been an issue before but I'm used to the heroes being boosted with the new bad guys.

Vegeta's MP stack better be:

Pink Shirt > Armor > Super Saiyan > Ascended Super Saiyan

I'll disagree about Vegeta.  No, he's not an altruistic hero, but is he ever?  Honestly, I would consider him "hero" (technically anti-hero) as opposed to Villain starting in Trunks saga.  Basically the fact that he's standing around with the other Z-fighters wearing a pink shirt and not killing anyone is about as much as you need to call Vegeta a "non-villain".  True, not necessarily "heroic" but not a bad guy anymore.

That would be why I think a rogue label fits him best. Not to mention he still has the intent to kill Kakarot one day. Perhaps anti-hero is a better term than villain in this case, but I do not judge only by action; I also judge what guides it. Vegeta did not defend others because he cared about them. In fact, defending others was really just an unintentional perk as he tested his prowess against the Androids, and even against Cell. He refuses to let the status he feels he has be threatened, and so he defends it. If people got hurt because of that, so be it. If people are saved by it, so be it.

It's reasoning like this why I feel Android saga is too early for him to be considered a hero, thus removing him as a source of any real concern, despite his intent to slay Kakarot in one on one combat.

Mysterious Youth, on 05 Aug 2015 - 5:37 PM, said:

I also want at least Trunks to get a new MP stack. If there are no heroes besides Vegeta this set (which I doubt), the power levels will be skewed heavily. 

I don't think there would be any huge problem with Trunks getting a new MP set, but here is why I don't think he should: Android saga is a big deal for Vegeta, because it's where he first shows others he can go SSJ1, and explains how. He took the most difficult path to becoming a Super Saiyan, and it shows. Trunks, however, really didn't do much in the ways of improvement during Androids Saga, or before (Vegeta went SSJ1 in-between sagas). Cell saga? Oh, you'll be seeing a new Trunks. A big, USSJ, battler Trunks (Thanks for those that get it).

That would be why I think a rogue label fits him best. Not to mention he still has the intent to kill Kakarot one day. Perhaps anti-hero is a better term than villain in this case, but I do not judge only by action; I also judge what guides it. Vegeta did not defend others because he cared about them. In fact, defending others was really just an unintentional perk as he tested his prowess against the Androids, and even against Cell. He refuses to let the status he feels he has be threatened, and so he defends it. If people got hurt because of that, so be it. If people are saved by it, so be it.

It's reasoning like this why I feel Android saga is too early for him to be considered a hero, thus removing him as a source of any real concern, despite his intent to slay Kakarot in one on one combat.

I feel like villain is defined as "threat to the z-fighters" in this series. Vegeta isn't a villain anymore because he's got no reason to attack the z-fighters. He trains purely to transcend Goku and has no other villainous intent in him. He hears about the android threat and think's it's a good opportunity to flex his powers and prove he doesn't need goku to save him.  He never tries to take sides with any of the other baddies, and only does so when he's so concerned that he's lost his fangs that he takes a power-up for the sake of finishing the struggle, years later.

So yes, Vegeta should be considered a rogue and be allowed to mix with his set 1 personalities, but if you declare Hero when you build your deck, you're a hero. Rogue is only a term used to define a character before the game, and has no effects on anything after the decklists are in.

edit: Yes, Bad-man shirt is absolutely necessary for his new level 1. I'd be fine if the next 3 are all various shades of super saiyan, but let's save ascended for cell. If gohan gets SS2 as a personality thou, all bets are off.

If Vegeta isn't a rogue, I hope he doesn't resemble his current MP at all with a Physical bent, has Mr Satan's Constant or isn't Saiyan Affiliated, as there are a fair few great Saiyan cards that are Villains only.

Interesting the Starter cards don't mention new or starter exclusive cards and are 'tournament ready', I wonder if this means reprints and just what reprints 'Tournament Ready' would entail...

There are 6 premade starters (presumably 1 for each style) and they only listed 5 MP's (android 17-20 and hero veggie) so there has to be at least one more and they have to be able to play namekian. Therefore it has to be piccolo, gohan, or cell. Since the focus seems to be on the androids it seems unlikely that it's cell (though that would fit the evolution moniker better). And gohan is unlikely to get a new set without cell, so it's probably not him either. Plus given Piccolo's active involvement in this time frame it's almost certainly him. However, that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be more than 6 mp's though. And it bothers me that they haven't announced any mp stacks that can be mix and matched with preexisting ones, so they could still go a totally different direction. Hell they could do some individual levels in boosters that add up to a complete 1-4 mp stack over the course of a few sets for the preexisting mp's. If they did that then starter deck piccolo cards would probably be a reprint of his set 1 stack.

There are 6 premade starters (presumably 1 for each style) and they only listed 5 MP's (android 17-20 and hero veggie) so there has to be at least one more and they have to be able to play namekian. Therefore it has to be piccolo, gohan, or cell. Since the focus seems to be on the androids it seems unlikely that it's cell (though that would fit the evolution moniker better). And gohan is unlikely to get a new set without cell, so it's probably not him either. Plus given Piccolo's active involvement in this time frame it's almost certainly him. However, that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be more than 6 mp's though. And it bothers me that they haven't announced any mp stacks that can be mix and matched with preexisting ones, so they could still go a totally different direction. Hell they could do some individual levels in boosters that add up to a complete 1-4 mp stack over the course of a few sets for the preexisting mp's. If they did that then starter deck piccolo cards would probably be a reprint of his set 1 stack.

I'm pegging 19 and 20 to be Set MPs. I really don't see them of all characters getting HT, especially do nothing 20.

I could easily see this breaking down to:

Goku

Super Vegeta

Piccolo

Trunks

Yamcha

Gohan or Krillin

I am only happy for Hero Vegeta cause that means possible SSGSS Vegeta promo sooner rather than later.

No it doesn't.  They did one promo for BoG and one for FnF to line up with releases..  SSGSS won't be seen until either another movie featuring them or until/if this game ever catches up to DBS.

What bothers me is "Boosters have over 140 new cards"(which translates to 140+4URs), but no mention of new cards in starters.  Now, granted, I fully expect them to put some of the new cards in Starters, but likely it will be a deck mix of all 4 sets.

So that means (assuming personalities are a subset or "foil only" in the packs and no masteries in packs) we get a TOTAL of 144 new cards aside from personalities and masteries, which is the same # we get in a standard booster set(plus 2 URs).  Now if all 6 starter MPs and masteries are part of the "over 140 cards" that is going to be pretty shitty.  But even if not, there will likely be 2 booster only MPs, so 136 new actual main deck cards.

Now this is all speculation and likely incorrect, but if this is the case, I'd have liked a few more cards out seeing as this is a starter set.  even a bump to 160 would have been nice.

We'll see though.

Any predictions?  Earth Dragon Balls? Level 2 allies?  The possibilities are endless!

There's no reason to leave it at 6. We have the 4 villains, and they could figure out 4 heroes too. Piccolo and Vegeta feel like must haves because they're the only ones who actually fought the androids one on one, with Goku fighting 19. So They could stop at 7, but I think Trunks or Gohan should get an MP too. Neither fights much, but it's not like they need a fighting pose to slap onto an MP card. More start MP's just means more deck types, and that's never bad.

I'm assuming no  reprints and at least piccolo should be designed with the new namekian mastery in mind, he so'll likely always be packed with the namekian deck, and others packed with varied forms of the other colors.

8 URs???? Wow, just when I was excited about this game, they over do it and make it impossible to get one of each UR in a case...

NOT 8 URs.  8 parallel foils per box (one per 3 packs)

Read that part like this:

Booster Box Break:

* 24 Rares (one per pack)

* 8 Foil Parrallels (one per 3 packs)

* Ultra Rares found in every other box (one per 48 packs)

3 separate notes. lol

Image added to OP

all is not set and stone but thanks to photoshop

18 lvl 1. POWER Look at top4 of life deck  re order draw a card max power stages 312,000

last time they did this raditz lvl 1 got his poster level 4 but this is all speculation 

No it doesn't.  They did one promo for BoG and one for FnF to line up with releases..  SSGSS won't be seen until either another movie featuring them or until/if this game ever catches up to DBS.

What bothers me is "Boosters have over 140 new cards"(which translates to 140+4URs), but no mention of new cards in starters.  Now, granted, I fully expect them to put some of the new cards in Starters, but likely it will be a deck mix of all 4 sets.

So that means (assuming personalities are a subset or "foil only" in the packs and no masteries in packs) we get a TOTAL of 144 new cards aside from personalities and masteries, which is the same # we get in a standard booster set(plus 2 URs).  Now if all 6 starter MPs and masteries are part of the "over 140 cards" that is going to be pretty shitty.  But even if not, there will likely be 2 booster only MPs, so 136 new actual main deck cards.

Now this is all speculation and likely incorrect, but if this is the case, I'd have liked a few more cards out seeing as this is a starter set.  even a bump to 160 would have been nice.

We'll see though.

Any predictions?  Earth Dragon Balls? Level 2 allies?  The possibilities are endless!

I am not going to argue with you but I find it hard to believe that we wont get SSGSS Vegeta and SSGSS Goku for what 2 years??