Stryyder

Set 4 - Dragonball Z Evolution drops 10/30/15

If 19 and 20 do end up Booster personalities then all the better for me as i only really need to get 17's starter set and then them from a booster. though im curious to see what they do with 17 since theres no sign of his car lol and theyve already used the original pic. 19 and 20 on the other hand though if they are similar to their Score personalities then cool. Unless they want to do 20 as a reverse Ginyu. Protects them from being banished/negated.

Moo....did you do that on purpose?

It's like a cow's opinion. Doesn't matter.

Set won't be legal for Vacaville , the set must be out for 1 week before its legal for tourny play

I must have missed that. Where is that mentioned?

It's like a cow's opinion. Doesn't matter.

I must have missed that. Where is that mentioned?

Tournament guide under deck construction

Eligible Cards - Any DBZ TCG card printed by Panini America is legal for tournament play, including promotional cards. At Regional Level and Championship Level events, new releases are not eligible for tournament play until seven days after their official launch. Cards with gold titles are direct reprints from the DBZ CCG (2000-2006), and the original version of the card may be used in tournament play. Refer to the CRD for a complete list of gold titled cards.

So if the constructed decks dont end up being randomly placed other than the obvious ones (Saiyan and Namekian) I wonder if the rest will actually get paired up with the colour that suites their skills the best. Also assuming 17 is one of the starter personalities, hopefully means one of his named cards will be an uncommon so therefore easier to get. still missing my set of Dr Wheelos history.

So if the constructed decks dont end up being randomly placed other than the obvious ones (Saiyan and Namekian) I wonder if the rest will actually get paired up with the colour that suites their skills the best. Also assuming 17 is one of the starter personalities, hopefully means one of his named cards will be an uncommon so therefore easier to get. still missing my set of Dr Wheelos history.

Hopefully instead of a unique set of cards, they can just reprint old commons and uncommons for these decks. I don't think they'd randomize them too much but who knows. Getting an energy deck with a PA focused mp would be odd, but it'd be a much better alternative to what we have now.

I still expect it to be random as to who you get in said starter i just mean (using the score skills as an example here) that

A20 matched up with Blue

A19 matched up with Orange

16/17 get Red and Black isnt really as obvious

then you have your Saiyan Vegeta and Namekian Piccolo

I mean sure if 20 and 19 arent starter deck then that puts a wrench in my plan but still.

I feel like villain is defined as "threat to the z-fighters" in this series. Vegeta isn't a villain anymore because he's got no reason to attack the z-fighters. He trains purely to transcend Goku and has no other villainous intent in him. He hears about the android threat and think's it's a good opportunity to flex his powers and prove he doesn't need goku to save him.  He never tries to take sides with any of the other baddies, and only does so when he's so concerned that he's lost his fangs that he takes a power-up for the sake of finishing the struggle, years later.

So yes, Vegeta should be considered a rogue and be allowed to mix with his set 1 personalities, but if you declare Hero when you build your deck, you're a hero. Rogue is only a term used to define a character before the game, and has no effects on anything after the decklists are in.

I am aware of what Rogue in a DBZ card game means, as I come from Score DBZ. The point of choosing between hero or villain prior to the match beginning is part of what I've been arguing/defending, so the points you provided go hand-in-hand with that.

I really hope there's an Android 16 MP in here because he's...cool.

Android 16 cannot really be released as an MP until a set involving Cell Saga, because that's where we learn more about him and his capabilities.

I hope they make it so different printings of MP stacks are not interchangeable as that seems to be a balancing nightmare.  Chances are there will not be a 16 stack until Cell saga and I feel like they can do another movie set before Cell.

I disagree with the interchangeable MPs being an issue. As has been mentioned, there are already a few promos that are interchangeable, so to make that acceptable and yet force players to only use a full MP set doesn't really make much sense, not to mention that part of the fun of having new MPs is to use them in a few different ways and learn some new strategies/play-styles. I agree that 16 should not be released until the set with Cell Saga. However, I would find it very odd if Cell wasn't in a starter set, considering how prominent he is. 

I strongly expect another movie set. What I am uncertain of is what the other set is (Set 5 or 6 will likely be a movie set, but I'm not sure what the theme/contents of the other will be), but I guess we'll find out. 

Sweet, what a nice thing to wake up to. Shocked that out of everyone 16 was the one to get cut. would of thought at least 19 would of been held back. Unless hes one of the Booster set personalities.

This is a set which appears to be based mostly on Androids saga. 19 cannot be cut due to his fights and interaction with Vegeta. 16 really didn't make a strong appearance until Cell saga, so it makes sense that he isn't in this. Were he in this, Panini would either have to include Cell saga in Set 4, or Android 16 would need another MP in the set with Cell saga, and I really don't see Android 16 warranting multiple MP sets. Not by a long shot.

can't wait though I wish they included cell and ss2 gohan

That really wouldn't make any sense for this. SSJ2 Gohan was in Cell Games, and Cell was in mid-Androids - end of Cell Games. So the concept of having Set 4 be Androids, Cell, AND Cell Games saga seems very odd. It would cram way too much into one set and would shorten the length of this game considerably.

I wasnt basing that on who had the bigger impact at the time. I just assumed out of everyone considering who else has been cut that out of the 5 16 had a better chance than 19. I mean sure if they do leave him for when Cell gets released cool but still.

I wasnt basing that on who had the bigger impact at the time. I just assumed out of everyone considering who else has been cut that out of the 5 16 had a better chance than 19. I mean sure if they do leave him for when Cell gets released cool but still.

I mostly agree with Panini's MP picks for Set 4 (so far), but let's keep in mind that it's still early, and information could change. Even if it doesn't, I do believe that 19 would be a more relevant choice for Set 4. If 16 doesn't come out with Cell, I will be quite surprised and probably confused... Kind of like Set 1 being Saiyan - Vegeta saga, Frieza saga, and arguably the very beginning of Trunks saga. Then Set 2 went back to pick up Raditz from pre-Vegeta saga and Nappa from Vegeta saga. Then Nail from Frieza saga, and Tien from Saiyan - Vegeta saga :huh:  :blink: . I'd like it if Funimation would keep tighter reins on Panini, but that's just my opinion.

I dont see them changing anything drastic here. The only surprises left will be the last 2 Heros to fill things out. Although 16 could be part of of 5 I mean sure save Cell for a starter but I could easily see 16 be in one of the booster only sets.

I dont see them changing anything drastic here. The only surprises left will be the last 2 Heros to fill things out. Although 16 could be part of of 5 I mean sure save Cell for a starter but I could easily see 16 be in one of the booster only sets.

Yeah, I could see Android 16 being in a booster set considering how Panini does their sets (Start, Go back, go alternate, go forward, assuming this pattern remains).

HOLY MOTHER OF HYPE!

INCOMING BIG BANG ATTACK!!

Won't be legal for Vacaville... ouch.

OH YEAH! New mp stacks for existing characters means new named cards! Looking back it kinda sucks the kamehameha's tied in so closely to goku's original 1-4, but oh well. I guess we won't get many decks with 12 named cards as the meat anyway. But regardless, i think the announced mp's are not by any means a complete list, just the starter villains, and even then 19 and 20 could be boosters if they do another 4 hero set, 2 villain set.

Speaking of movies before cell: This means Cooler, Cooler, and Broly, unless i'm forgetting something. Bardock or Future Trunks movies would be cool too, or just a cosmic anthology dealie with people like Dodoria, Jeice/Burter, King Kold and Farmer with Shotgun.