Stryyder

Official Set 4 Evolution Discussion - Preview/Information Thread

I actually saw someone make the point that while the Mastery has the 'minimum of 4', Saiyan Analysis Drill doesn't, so maybe they will work together after all? The Mastery would lower the anger requirement from 5 to 4, then SAD would drop it to 3.

I bet this question gets posed officially. Which card overrules which?

I'm still hopeful that Saiyan will receive enough enablers for the mastery. If Saiyan gets cards like this then they will be fine.

Event

Endurance 6

(banish after use) Draw the bottom card of your discard pile.

Physical Combat

Endurance 4

Stop a physical attack. Lower your opponent's anger 2.

Event

Endurance 3

(if this card is discarded from your hand due to a card effect then you may banish an opponent's setup in play)

Destroy an opponent's setup in play. Raise your anger 1.

Not that I'm against Saiyan getting better but it gaining that much endurance would be crazy. I know dig is around but seems like a big jump. But probably going to happen.

Post that up on their home page....and make sure to mention that it was me who did the graphics XD I'd love a different job lol

I'll come work for Panini.  Let me design Saiyan cards.  It seems like there should be a job opening there in the near future.  Also, I'm very creative and unafraid to make Saiyan actually competitive.

The ability to be able to stay at level one is really good

Makes drills more playable in saiyan

And I'm seeing ait of combos saiyan trunks can do to get you stage locked before you can even attack

And that was only a couple of cards can't wait for the rest ....

Seems like it's broken or bust for a lot of you , when you should be thinking about how the new works with the old

I'll come work for Panini.  Let me design Saiyan cards.  It seems like there should be a job opening there in the near future.  Also, I'm very creative and unafraid to make Saiyan actually competitive.

Sounds like your overqualified.

So I will start with the card art first:

Rizz said that the boarders on site aren't the actual size on the card. A player posted it under Rizz's comments on FB.

Is it the best layot, no. But the only grip I have is the mastery is vertical and not horizontal. I like how Setups/Drills are looking. Wish they would post a preview with the foil pattern to see how it would look foil before I make a decision on how bad the template is.

Saiyan Rampaging Mastery:

I think this is an improvement over the other Mastery by some but not much. It is nice being able to MPPV (the old one should have been). Losing the hit: +3 stages is going to be bigger than people think. But I do like how if you draw a Drill that has endurance (which is all but 1 in Saiyan Retaliation Drill) can be used as a non-styled attack to get a little damage in or a lot. Needing 4 anger to level up is nice (don't know if Saiyan Analysis Drill can break the mastery rule and have you level at 3 anger) and having a may gain 1 anger clause is nice (looking at you Godku, Turles Level 1).

Rating: 7/10. An improvement on MPPV/Anger control for user but not gaining 3 stages from a hit effect will be bigger than people think. But getting rid of dead styled cards with endurance is nice but should be a styled attack instead of non-styled attack.

Saiyan Inspection Drill:

Wish this was like the attachment card in Old Z. Pretty bad card. Only thing it is good for is the draw ability and use with current Mastery. If playing against Orange physical block is cool to make them waste that or lose any effect for it.

1/10. Shit. Moving on.

Saiyan Interruption

Great card. Helps Saiyan against those pesky Black krillin decks that have 2x BEM and 3x Black Power Up. Also can be used with the mastery to do a 5 stage attack (10 stage with level 4 Trunks). It can be search out with Saiyan Prepped Ball (this card keeps getting better and better, near staple status in Saiyan Hero Builds)

8/10

Saiyan Sword Strike

Amazing card!!!!

10/10

Saiyan Destructive Blast

See this card atleast a 1-2 in any Saiyan deck (3x Pulverize does wonders). Kills Ginyu if it hits but in an energy meta that hit effect may be hard to get off (unless we see a shift in the meta). Costing 1 stage is really key too.

8/10

Trunks New MP Set

Trunks Lv 1

Cool to have an attack on level 1. Would run this over the old level 1 in almost any other deck (Black probably not)

7/10

Trunks Lv 2

A great attack and good power level. Same as above on deck building save Black.

7/10

Trunks Lv 3

This card is interesting. I like the ability to get rid of dead cards in combat to add an attack. But I prefer the old level 3 to gain that card advantage and to basically get the ability of this card of getting rid of a dead card.

5/10

Trunks Level 4

+5 stages.......nice. so now it depends on if you like to have control on what your opponent draws or to have every attack basically gain +5 stages. Depends on play style and deck build.

8/10

Overall I think is getting some help but they need more cards that have endurance (like 3-5 endurance), attachment cards, gain anger as immediate effect cards (like Saiyan Left Kick, Saiyan Spin Kick, Saiyan Energy Toss [if higher pl], and shit can we get a Saiyan Truce card and Saiyan Cliff Slam!!!!!!!

The ability to be able to stay at level one is really good

Makes drills more playable in saiyan

And I'm seeing ait of combos saiyan trunks can do to get you stage locked before you can even attack

And that was only a couple of cards can't wait for the rest ....

Seems like it's broken or bust for a lot of you , when you should be thinking about how the new works with the old

I'm tempering my reaction really until I see the new Vegeta, and Goku. This Trunks is good, but honestly, I will probably play Vegeta most of the time if his levels don't stink. And I'm already thinking of how to combo these new cards and Mastery with the Saiyan styled attacks and other cards that are my staples. There are some good opportunities.

Also, I just thought that this Mastery makes Saiyan Scouting a fairly decent attack!  :D

Saiyan would literally need every other attack in the set to say "raise your anger 2" for it to even compete with Red and Namekian in leveling.  Even Black was on par or even superior to Saiyan in level hoping with anger.  There are probably like 3 attacks in the first three sets with actual anger gain printed on them in Saiyan.

I'm all for Saiyan getting an anti-ally silver bullet, and the other cards are decent.  However, the Mastery is the definition of mediocre.

It helps you gain anger and jump levels, but to a lesser extent then the original mastery.  Also, you lose the stage gaining and gain a way to turn a dead card in your hand into value.  That sounds like Black or Blue's greatest strength. but the Saiyan mastery comes up short here too.  The card has to have at least 2, or preferably 3, endurance if you want to deal any type of relevant damage.

Again, I think the real key here is that Saiyan might finally effectively have license to run some power Setups or conditional cards that a self-respecting aggro player previously wouldn't have been caught dead sticking in a 60-card deck list. I just hope that Panini doesn't get too stingy with that design space.

So I will start with the card art first:

Rizz said that the boarders on site aren't the actual size on the card. A player posted it under Rizz's comments on FB.

Is it the best layot, no. But the only grip I have is the mastery is vertical and not horizontal. I like how Setups/Drills are looking. Wish they would post a preview with the foil pattern to see how it would look foil before I make a decision on how bad the template is.

Saiyan Rampaging Mastery:

I think this is an improvement over the other Mastery by some but not much. It is nice being able to MPPV (the old one should have been). Losing the hit: +3 stages is going to be bigger than people think. But I do like how if you draw a Drill that has endurance (which is all but 1 in Saiyan Retaliation Drill) can be used as a non-styled attack to get a little damage in or a lot. Needing 4 anger to level up is nice (don't know if Saiyan Analysis Drill can break the mastery rule and have you level at 3 anger) and having a may gain 1 anger clause is nice (looking at you Godku, Turles Level 1).

Rating: 7/10. An improvement on MPPV/Anger control for user but not gaining 3 stages from a hit effect will be bigger than people think. But getting rid of dead styled cards with endurance is nice but should be a styled attack instead of non-styled attack.

Saiyan Inspection Drill:

Wish this was like the attachment card in Old Z. Pretty bad card. Only thing it is good for is the draw ability and use with current Mastery. If playing against Orange physical block is cool to make them waste that or lose any effect for it.

1/10. Shit. Moving on.

Saiyan Interruption

Great card. Helps Saiyan against those pesky Black krillin decks that have 2x BEM and 3x Black Power Up. Also can be used with the mastery to do a 5 stage attack (10 stage with level 4 Trunks). It can be search out with Saiyan Prepped Ball (this card keeps getting better and better, near staple status in Saiyan Hero Builds)

8/10

Saiyan Sword Strike

Amazing card!!!!! Works well with Saiyan Trunks (level 1-2) as well with Saiyan Gut Kick. Near 3x Status in any Saiyan deck with 3x Saiyan Gut Kick.

10/10

Saiyan Destructive Blast

See this card atleast a 1-2 in any Saiyan deck (3x Pulverize does wonders). Kills Ginyu if it hits but in an energy meta that hit effect may be hard to get off (unless we see a shift in the meta). Costing 1 stage is really key too.

8/10

Trunks New MP Set

Trunks Lv 1

Cool to have an attack on level 1 and can setup a good Saiyan Sword Strike combo. Would run this over the old level 1 in almost any other deck (Black probably not)

7/10

Trunks Lv 2

A great attack and good power level. Same as above on deck building save Black.

7/10

Trunks Lv 3

This card is interesting. I like the ability to get rid of dead cards in combat to add an attack. But I prefer the old level 3 to gain that card advantage and to basically get the ability of this card of getting rid of a dead card.

5/10

Trunks Level 4

+5 stages.......nice. so now it depends on if you like to have control on what your opponent draws or to have every attack basically gain +5 stages. Depends on play style and deck build.

8/10

Overall I think is getting some help but they need more cards that have endurance (like 3-5 endurance), attachment cards, gain anger as immediate effect cards (like Saiyan Left Kick, Saiyan Spin Kick, Saiyan Energy Toss [if higher pl], and shit can we get a Saiyan Truce card and Saiyan Cliff Slam!!!!!!!

Saiyan sword strike requires your opponent to pass to be unblockable. Forced action skips won't cut it.

Boy does that attack drill make me worry about this game.  We have so far been good on non-combat attack and blocks (as they discard themselves after use and Orange blocking drills are secondary to all the other great drills), but this drill looks to be a serious problem.  

Idk this whole thing feels bad.  Just makes me just wanna get out while some of my ultra's are still worth cash.

2 things:

-1 endurance is a typo (fixed for final print) according to Aik.

new Saiyan Mastery + drill that lowers anger threshold will NOT work together.  "can't" overrules "can", generic rule.