Stryyder

Official Set 7 Awakening Discussion - Preview/Information Thread (Update 10/10/16)

I actually want to make a Vegeta deck that sticks to the Lv1 in order to counter the negative mods you see from Roshi decks. Problem is getting full use out of your Mastery since they all tend to either modify your attacks (useless), enhance Styled attacks (useless), or focus on anger (don't want that). Post-Frozen List, the only Mastery I could see working right would be Tag Team. What are the chances that the Black or Red Masteries focus on none of those things?

Might as well stick to the Orange Retribution Mastery or Saiyan Rampaging Mastery.  Orange does have a drill that can produce a non-styled attack, and it can be sought out straight away thanks to Retribution.  As for Rampaging Herogeta mk. II, you can toss the low endurance Saiyan cards to get 1 stage + 2 life cards relatively consistently.  I'd go with Retribution though, as you could also throw a styled energy every now and then for nothing.  Useful against the big physical beats decks too.

Might as well stick to the Orange Retribution Mastery or Saiyan Rampaging Mastery.  Orange does have a drill that can produce a non-styled attack, and it can be sought out straight away thanks to Retribution.  As for Rampaging Herogeta mk. II, you can toss the low endurance Saiyan cards to get 1 stage + 2 life cards relatively consistently.  I'd go with Retribution though, as you could also throw a styled energy every now and then for nothing.  Useful against the big physical beats decks too.

All true. Though Tag Team could let me pull out Dr Brief at the beginning, and I could also include the hero allies with attacks since my power would buff them as well. I do like the Retribution idea - certain Styled energies like Power Point or Stare Down could be worth it. I'm not sure if Commanding Drill would be worth it though since you'd lose the +2 stages. It really is a shame how Vegeta cancels out the mods on the attack itself.

Me thinks it's time to increase deck size. These attacks and MPs are gonna plow through 60 card life decks like they're not there.

Good.  Speed the game up.  Too many people play like fatty mcslow butts already.  There's no reason a license based on beating people up should have games that take 40+ minutes.

14344683_614541755395195_867286141182134

Good card for new Goku in saiyan.

Seems like a nightmare to set up, though. You'd need someone like Goku or Broly just to have a chance at throwing it more than once per game, and even then it'll likely be blocked. I wonder if this will be Saiyan's thing this set - cards that want you to have a certain amount of cards in your hand.

Seems like a nightmare to set up, though. You'd need someone like Goku or Broly just to have a chance at throwing it more than once per game, and even then it'll likely be blocked. I wonder if this will be Saiyan's thing this set - cards that want you to have a certain amount of cards in your hand.

A mastery that draws a card confirmed ?

A mastery that draws a card confirmed ?

They won't make a Mastery that straight-up draws a card. I was sure of that before Goku and now I'm really sure of it. I could see something like "at the beginning of each turn, if you have 0 cards in your hand, draw the bottom card of your discard pile", but that would be it. I guess you're expected to use Visiting, Saiyan Enraged and Saiyan Recovery as part of one big combat. Maybe we'll get a Saiyan effect that increases hand size but without the utility? Like "search your LIfe Deck for 2 Styled Setups or Drills and place them into your hand"?

If the set's theme for Saiyan  around having certain attacks be super sized due to hand, then it might mean that the horrible Gohan placeholder stack might be the real deal.  I hope it's just a situation where the mastery does two things.  "When entering combat, gain 1 anger" and "If your character has changed level this combat, draw a card."  Cause we all know the Saiyan mastery has a good chance of having some effect that raises anger.

14344683_614541755395195_867286141182134

Good card for new Goku in saiyan.

14344770_1131148406976599_16402757932446

Not bad in a self mill strategy as it is both good off the top and gives added discard pile hate.  Straight into my black wheelo!

We'll have to wait and see how possible that Saiyan card is to pull off. If it receives any help from the mastery, or from other cards. Black Annihilation is decent support for Perceptive lol