Thearbiter20x6

Fan Z Winning Decklists/Gen Con

Hi, everyone.  It's been a while since I've been here. 

I'm still playing Fan Z but feel completely in the dark.  The Dead Zone updates so rarely (and they are not the updates I hope for) that I really have no clue what is going on regarding the Fan Z scene.  For all I know it has completely died out. As it is, from what I have gathered, ARG events are done hosting Pan Z with the completion of the recent regional, which was expected.  I was at East Kai but could not attend the other tournaments, at least not without paying ludicrous travel costs. 

Is there anywhere, ANYWHERE that has deck lists posted for the top cuts?  I think...two(?) Kai events have happened that I know little to nothing about regarding winners.  I am hoping there will still be enough followers to run more Kai events next year, but with DBS on the rise, who knows? 

Particularly, I am curious about Gen Con winners.  That is more or less the World Championship now, right?

Scrambling for information.  Google has failed me.  If anybody is able to fill me in, I would be very grateful. 

Ah!  Thanks for the lead.  That would make sense as facebook pages don't usually turn up in my google searches.  I sent a request to join the group...hopefully you're right.  I just want a reason to keep being excited about it.  I'm not ready to jump on the DBS bandwagon just yet.

1 hour ago, cytorak said:

Right on!  A post!  DBZ retro turned out to be a dead end...now if they would just post the other tournaments. 

Good ol' Tim still rocking the Saiyan Raditz!

I hope there is another OP season and that I will be able to go to more than one event.

The FanZ lists at Gen Con 2017 were played before Set 9 of FanZ was released, so they didn't have enough time to playtest some of the new MP's and Styled cards released from the set or maybe they just didn't care to. If they had we probably would've seen a list for Namekian Restored Kami or even a list for Bardock, Future Gohan, and/or Chilled.

Sad part is that I was more interested in Didier Greenleaf's list for Freestyle Herogeta in Fusion format than the Top 8 lists for FanZ at Gen Con 2017, but that's not saying a whole lot though. Other than that we probably won't be hearing any new FanZ Tournament reports for awhile after this since ARG recently stopped hosting tournaments for FanZ with Dragon Ball Super CCG on the rise.

I recommend following The Comic Book store on Facebook and the RetroDBZ page. We just had a tournament with a turn out of 20 people this weekend. There's an upcoming tournament in Warwick, RI as well and it's listed in the events on RetroDBZ. FanZ is still very much alive, you just have to look in the right places. I've also been told The Comic Book Store is supposed to host an event every 1-2 months as well.

If you are looking for other opportunities to play as well try the Dragonball Z OCTGN League on facebook. They host an event called WMAT where they draft each MP to a player.

Edited by Antispor
More info.

18 minutes ago, Antispor said:

I recommend following The Comic Book store on Facebook and the RetroDBZ page. We just had a tournament with a turn out of 20 people this weekend. There's an upcoming tournament in Warwick, RI as well and it's listed in the events on RetroDBZ. FanZ is still very much alive, you just have to look in the right places. I've also been told The Comic Book Store is supposed to host an event every 1-2 months as well.

We're talking about The Comic Book Store that held East Kai, correct?  That was a fun tournament.  I can't be a regular due to the fact that it is a 6 hour drive for me, but I'll definitely follow them using my fake-for-DBZ-purposes-only facebook account. :P

Antispor, I'm going to sound like an idiot, but whenever I try to navigate RetroDBZ I can only find information regarding past tournaments.  Am I looking at the wrong page/in the wrong place?  If you don't mind, could you post a direct link?  I legitimately want to stay in the loop. 

I'm glad FanZ is still kicking to your knowledge.  I want some more action!  People thought Orange Adept Gohan was weird, but I am dying to show them what fun Fruit Rollups I'm going to roll out with next...

Yeah the same place as East Kai. My girlfriend and I played in that tournament as well!

You're not an idiot facebook has seriously confusing interfaces when it comes to groups, events, and all the other junk that clutters the screen. When you are on Retro on the PC, I use my phone, there should be tabs on the top or left hand column that say "events". Click there and anything someone has added will be there. 

Also, I edited my previous post for some info on an OCTGN league if you're interested. You'll be able to find games online there.

3 hours ago, Antispor said:

Yeah the same place as East Kai. My girlfriend and I played in that tournament as well!

You're not an idiot facebook has seriously confusing interfaces when it comes to groups, events, and all the other junk that clutters the screen. When you are on Retro on the PC, I use my phone, there should be tabs on the top or left hand column that say "events". Click there and anything someone has added will be there. 

Also, I edited my previous post for some info on an OCTGN league if you're interested. You'll be able to find games online there.

Oh nice so you were at East Kai!  Did we throw down?  Like I mentioned in the previous post I was the Orange Adept Gohan guy.  What deck were you running?

3 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Oh nice so you were at East Kai!  Did we throw down?  Like I mentioned in the previous post I was the Orange Adept Gohan guy.  What deck were you running?

I don't think so. I played Knowledge MPPV Gohan. My deck before that wasn't very good lol. This most recent tournament I played Blue Resolute Pikkon. Went 3-2. Both losses against Saiyan Gohan :/.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:16 PM, Card Slinger J said:

The FanZ lists at Gen Con 2017 were played before Set 9 of FanZ was released, so they didn't have enough time to playtest some of the new MP's and Styled cards released from the set or maybe they just didn't care to. If they had we probably would've seen a list for Namekian Restored Kami or even a list for Bardock, Future Gohan, and/or Chilled.

Sad part is that I was more interested in Didier Greenleaf's list for Freestyle Herogeta in Fusion format than the Top 8 lists for FanZ at Gen Con 2017, but that's not saying a whole lot though. Other than that we probably won't be hearing any new FanZ Tournament reports for awhile after this since ARG recently stopped hosting tournaments for FanZ with Dragon Ball Super CCG on the rise.

I can't speak for the other people in Top 8, but I had played with Set 9 before. In fact, I have a Bardock deck that was tempted to play. However, I accidentally brought Nail in my suitcase instead. I thought I had a good chance of taking it. There was only one deck I feared and while I somehow beat it in swiss, I had to get paired up against it in Top 8. Oh well. Them's the breaks.

1 hour ago, Hellsfire said:

I can't speak for the other people in Top 8, but I had played with Set 9 before. In fact, I have a Bardock deck that was tempted to play. However, I accidentally brought Nail in my suitcase instead. I thought I had a good chance of taking it. There was only one deck I feared and while I somehow beat it in swiss, I had to get paired up against it in Top 8. Oh well. Them's the breaks.

The people in the Top 8 don't care as much about FanZ when they're just using the format as an excuse to play what's already meta in Panini Z so they don't have to invest any more money into the game. Not to mention the FanZ virtual sets and CRD updates haven't really done anything to shake up the meta since Awakening.

2 hours ago, Hellsfire said:

What did you play? I don't see a Nail list on the DeadZone?

I played Black Tien. We had the opportunity to play for money but only one person wanted to. So take that for what it's worth. The atmosphere was pretty chill and fun except for when Coombs got salty when I beat his Radiant Slug. You know, because I got "lucky." Other than that, I enjoyed playing against all my opponents.

13 hours ago, Hellsfire said:

I played Black Tien. We had the opportunity to play for money but only one person wanted to. So take that for what it's worth. The atmosphere was pretty chill and fun except for when Coombs got salty when I beat his Radiant Slug. You know, because I got "lucky." Other than that, I enjoyed playing against all my opponents.

Ah so you were the Black Devious Tien user!  I wasn't present but saw your deck list and was super happy.  Devious Tien was my first Pan Z deck and it is soooo much fun to play.  I'm trying to make Black Perceptive Tien work right now but nobody plays near me so I can't playtest anything. -_-

I know OCTGN is a thing but then I have to set it up and make the decks and I'm so slow with it! 

13 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Ah so you were the Black Devious Tien user!  I wasn't present but saw your deck list and was super happy.  Devious Tien was my first Pan Z deck and it is soooo much fun to play.  I'm trying to make Black Perceptive Tien work right now but nobody plays near me so I can't playtest anything. -_-

I know OCTGN is a thing but then I have to set it up and make the decks and I'm so slow with it! 

I used to have Perceptive Tien. Played it at Western Kai. Got Top Black and just missed the cut. If I had to rank Black Tiens, it'd be: Devious > Conflict > Perceptive.

13 hours ago, Hellsfire said:

I used to have Perceptive Tien. Played it at Western Kai. Got Top Black and just missed the cut. If I had to rank Black Tiens, it'd be: Devious > Conflict > Perceptive.

I was thinking about conflict, too.  My idea for Perceptive is that I want a deck ready to go if hard core control decks ever make a comeback.  Perceptive is a great board clearer. 

With so much of Broly and the like running around, Devious is def the way to go.  It holds up much better against aggro.  I'm stubborn though lol.  I like to take "bad" masteries and make them work.  Orange Adept, Black Perceptive, Saiyan Rampaging, Blue Tag Team...I have decks with each of those!