Sign in to follow this  
Artificial Human

Partners for Black Conflict Mastery?

Trying to make a deck for each Style and I'm having a hard time deciding what to make for Black. I was going to go along the obvious Black Perceptive Bardock, but I've heard it's poopy and I've been warming up to the idea of Black Conflict Triple Threat. Easy Criticals for Dragon Balls, good Anger speed, Black can Survival. I like the idea. But who to use.

Krillin is an obvious choice. 5 Anger off Command after his own attack on Level 1 is like, wowzers, his effects on 2 and 4 are good, even if 2 is costy at 3 stages. He has the Destructo Disk. It just feels like it's a bit of a one trick pony and peeters out, in theory.

Piccolo isn't a bad choice. His Level 1 can Crit is you get Black Vehicle Toss attached. 2 can just Crit period and feed into cards that ask if you're destroying your opponent's deck. 3 gives really easy Criticals for days, need 4, deal +2, maybe +1+3, woah, and just DBV out there and then.

Cooler can use the Namekian Balls via Face Smash, so that's a thing. No fearing Namekian Knowledge for Cooler. Black Punt makes his Named Card work with the Mastery. Those are cool things.

Any idea?

I tried Android 13 conflict (13 is mega super fun to play...used to run devious 13 until, well, you know...) and it actually plays fairly well, but I doubt it is very competitive.  Orange ret 13 would probably be better, but I still have it just to have some fun with  my buddy A13!  The deck can reach level 4 without having to use the level 2 effect, so that's pretty neat.

Have you thought about Pikkon?  I've kinda wanted to try out pikkon conflict but I can't get motivated to build yet MORE decks when I have nobody to play with.

I thought of the krillin + command combo also and almost made the deck JUST because of that.  I fear physical beatdown would smash it to pieces though...

When set 7 dropped I mived Tien from devious to conflict. Biggest change I remember in the deck was Black Conflict Shot for some new mill card that rejuvs when self milled.

It works well, and honestly I liked conflict for the stage gain which was a sometimes problem in Tien. 

1 hour ago, Vile said:

When set 7 dropped I mived Tien from devious to conflict. Biggest change I remember in the deck was Black Conflict Shot for some new mill card that rejuvs when self milled.

It works well, and honestly I liked conflict for the stage gain which was a sometimes problem in Tien. 

I thought about trying that.  Gotta drop in for my obligatory high-five to a fellow Black Tien user! *high five*

I'm still trying to make Black Perceptive Tien work because I'm stubborn.

On 10/18/2017 at 2:08 AM, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I tried Android 13 conflict (13 is mega super fun to play...used to run devious 13 until, well, you know...) and it actually plays fairly well, but I doubt it is very competitive.  Orange ret 13 would probably be better, but I still have it just to have some fun with  my buddy A13!  The deck can reach level 4 without having to use the level 2 effect, so that's pretty neat.

Have you thought about Pikkon?  I've kinda wanted to try out pikkon conflict but I can't get motivated to build yet MORE decks when I have nobody to play with.

I thought of the krillin + command combo also and almost made the deck JUST because of that.  I fear physical beatdown would smash it to pieces though...

13 is actually someone I'd want to try out. Haven't had the opportunity yet. Might look into him.

Not really interested in Pikkon. :/  Or Tenshinhan.

On 10/18/2017 at 11:55 AM, ChangelingBard said:

Why not Frieza? Supernova everyone to death and almost anger out?

I've been trying to get a Blue Protective Frieza deck together using the full original stack to post here, but it never looks right. :/ I have tried Black Golden Frieza before, back in Set 3. It was okish back then, but I am completely out of my element with Black and Blue, probably built it poorly.

7 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

I've been trying to get a Blue Protective Frieza deck together using the full original stack to post here, but it never looks right. :/ I have tried Black Golden Frieza before, back in Set 3. It was okish back then, but I am completely out of my element with Black and Blue, probably built it poorly.

I can relate to you there.  For some reason, blue has always been a consistent weak spot for me.  In Score I never even put a decent blue deck together, not even for fun.  Almost every time I put a blue deck together I find myself asking "Wait.  What exactly is this deck trying to do?  It's all over the place."  I currently have a Blue Resolute Frieza together that I think I finally got to a sweet spot, but it runs on Unleashed lol...not very friendly to your house rules.

The only blue deck I have constructed that I have ever been proud of is my current 3rd favorite deck of mine, Blue Tag Team Vegeta.  But you know what?  It doesn't really count!  It is mostly freestyle cards (Awakening stack)...

If you do wind up putting together a conflict 13, post it up!  I think I am going to post some of my silly deck ideas just to generate some more fun discussion.  It would be fun to compare our builds.  My build is far from optimal.  I do use URs though (though not in 13 if I remember) so you can just replace those with something else. :P

I don't feel like conflict has an MP that can make a triple victory deck work right now. Your going to end up skewing more towards MPPV or survival. The reason being most of blacks great anger cards are not very good at dealing damage, and there isn't really an MP that makes them work together. I think you might be better off going survival/DBV or MPPV/DBV. there are a lot more options to do that realistically.

Ideas off the top of my head:

-Kami Mill DBV using his drill and that black one that mills for DB's (maybe some cards with if destroyed effects)

-Piccolo similar to the above but you want to get to level 2 and be more controlly since his lv 2 mill can do more of the heavy lifting.

-Truks mppv (though ascension and ruthless will do it better)

-13 is not a bad idea but won't run DBV. Tag will do survival better and retribution will do mppv (if not both) better though.

-I feel like turles has potential here for crits on demand, but I haven't really completed that thought yet. Probably flimsy.

-Awakening vegeta. Stay on lv 1. Crits for days. Espescially with his named cards and AK. enough crits that you could have a ball alt condition.

-Could ginyu work? He does have 4 life card attacks on his first 2 levels and ways to amp his damage. The stage gain from the mastery may take your ally usage away but could help soak stages against physical aggro. Maybe I'm just ired, but this doesn't seem half bad in my imagination. Not enough room for DBV though most likely. And frankly probably too slow mppv wise these days as well, so this would be straight survival in all likelihood.

-A future gohan deck that just sticks to 1 and slimes to 2 could provide a lot of lock down. Especially against anger decks which black generally has trouble with. Level 2 lowers 2 anger with a likely third on hit. Every combat. And the -1 modifier is a bigger deal than it seems.

-King Kai would probably be my pick though. Seems like he becomes very solid once you hit level 2 and have gregory slinging 2 5 life card attacks per combat. 3 and 4 are even better. Leveling past 2 may be inconsistent but all you really need is the lv 2 and his lv 1 should help you get there with some consistency. Between king kai raising an ally to full and the stage gain from the mastery you have a lot of stage mitigation as well.

The more I thought about this conflict is probably too slow for reliable mppv in general. Even the mp's that would do it well would perform better with other masteries. It might be useful as a secondary win con still, but it's probably the least likely of the 3 to get the job done.