Jump to content
Antispor

Set 10 Blue Mastery Speculation

Recommended Posts

Does anyone want to take a stab at what it's powers may be? The general opinion seems to be that will synergize with the "copy" playstyle. 

I think it will most likely have drill support considering copy can only thrive with Overpowering Drill and Recuperating Drill in play at the moment.

My guess would be something like,

"*lightning bolt* when you perform a successful copied attack you may place a drill from your discard pile into play."

what kind of support do you think that playstyle would need from a mastery and if not copy, what do you think it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     It is unfortunate that Blue Overpowering Drill is villains only, but I think some drill support would be neat.  Perhaps give a buff to copied attack damage and give them "hit: raise your anger 1 level" or something?  I feel like blue still struggles in the old-fashioned level up with anger department unless you go HEAVY energy beats.

     In any case, if it IS copy themed I am reworking my Frieza deck.  I have always loved the idea (and overpowering drill is super fun) but it never really had enough support to be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree about the anger gain. With more cards like Black Trick Shot and Orange Meditation, Blue needs serious help. Every blue deck is a camp 1-2 now because of the lack of ability to restabalize after leveling and lacks anger gain to make it worth it. Most decks revolve around Mental, Lifting, Positioning, and Biting Drill but after you go to level, without dominance, they're gone for good. So either need a way to get them back or make Blue good without those cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Antispor said:

I totally agree about the anger gain. With more cards like Black Trick Shot and Orange Meditation, Blue needs serious help. Every blue deck is a camp 1-2 now because of the lack of ability to restabalize after leveling and lacks anger gain to make it worth it. Most decks revolve around Mental, Lifting, Positioning, and Biting Drill but after you go to level, without dominance, they're gone for good. So either need a way to get them back or make Blue good without those cards.

Or run an Unleashed engine like the Unleashed using tool that I am lol. 

Although my three most competitive decks don't actually run unleashed.  I have 4 other decks that run it though. >.>

5 decks that don't and 4 decks that do.  I feel dirty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only problem with Unleashed in Blue is you basically can't run the amazing drills blue offers then because it has no reliable way to get them back in the deck and/or in play. Red is even better in this regard. 

Don't feel bad. Almost every "for fun" deck I make is an abusive unleashed deck lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Antispor said:

My only problem with Unleashed in Blue is you basically can't run the amazing drills blue offers then because it has no reliable way to get them back in the deck and/or in play. Red is even better in this regard. 

Don't feel bad. Almost every "for fun" deck I make is an abusive unleashed deck lol.

How else am I supposed to run Blue Frieza and hit level 4?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like the new Krillin.  Blue Setup abuse NEEDS to be a thing; heavy setup use is part of the intended blue style identity. 

Although Krillin with Black Searching Technique?  YES PLZ.

Plus it gives me a reason to bust out Black Perceptive Tien.  I want to give him a go at a Fan Z event but until control decks are more common, Perceptive sucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I actually like the new Krillin.  Blue Setup abuse NEEDS to be a thing; heavy setup use is part of the intended blue style identity. 

Although Krillin with Black Searching Technique?  YES PLZ.

Plus it gives me a reason to bust out Black Perceptive Tien.  I want to give him a go at a Fan Z event but until control decks are more common, Perceptive sucks!

I agree if Krillin's new stack's powers escalate as they should, that could provide a really fun way to play. Especially when mixed and matched with the old Krillin stack there may be combos there as well. Blockade and all of the attacking set ups could really be a blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can be good.  While I am not into the whole raise your opponent's anger archetype, this mastery at least makes it viable.  I am MORE interested in the last effect.  This allows a deck to contain the setup attacks while minimizing them as dead draws.  Either you draw a ki burst or stretch kick during your turn and save it for a big offense, or you draw it during your opponent's turn and at least may USE it instead of it being a dead card.

My only issue is, blue does not really have strong offensive cards overall compared to other styles, so I am not sure why I would ever want to use this type of deck instead of, say, Red Ruthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

It can be good.  While I am not into the whole raise your opponent's anger archetype, this mastery at least makes it viable.  I am MORE interested in the last effect.  This allows a deck to contain the setup attacks while minimizing them as dead draws.  Either you draw a ki burst or stretch kick during your turn and save it for a big offense, or you draw it during your opponent's turn and at least may USE it instead of it being a dead card.

My only issue is, blue does not really have strong offensive cards overall compared to other styles, so I am not sure why I would ever want to use this type of deck instead of, say, Red Ruthless.

This mastery seems weird at first glace. It's got a lot of disjointed effects that make you scratch your head. I tested a Blue Resourceful Raditz, for fun, with a few cards I have (no set 8 or 9), and it was surprisingly just that. Raditz can put a whole lot of set ups in play during combat with this mastery. Stretch Kick is obviously this decks bread n butter. In one combat I was able to use 2 Blue Lunge's I was able to cycle it 3-4 times a combat sometimes.

I think the name is fitting for this mastery. It's got a small damage mod and some tactical effects.

as far as Blue attacks go I think the style has some of the most brutal attacks in the game: Blue Slash and Blue Head Knock. But that's the thing, every Blue deck utilizes the same cards. Hopefully this mastery changes that up. Blue Stretch Kick: The Mastery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Antispor said:

This mastery seems weird at first glace. It's got a lot of disjointed effects that make you scratch your head. I tested a Blue Resourceful Raditz, for fun, with a few cards I have (no set 8 or 9), and it was surprisingly just that. Raditz can put a whole lot of set ups in play during combat with this mastery. Stretch Kick is obviously this decks bread n butter. In one combat I was able to use 2 Blue Lunge's I was able to cycle it 3-4 times a combat sometimes.

I think the name is fitting for this mastery. It's got a small damage mod and some tactical effects.

as far as Blue attacks go I think the style has some of the most brutal attacks in the game: Blue Slash and Blue Head Knock. But that's the thing, every Blue deck utilizes the same cards. Hopefully this mastery changes that up. Blue Stretch Kick: The Mastery.

It is definitely true that blue has some BRUTAL attacks.  Blue Lunge is an absolutely incredible card that receives very little use.

Blue is the lord of +5 physicals (though orange is starting to catch up).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

It is definitely true that blue has some BRUTAL attacks.  Blue Lunge is an absolutely incredible card that receives very little use.

Blue is the lord of +5 physicals (though orange is starting to catch up).

I don't know what you're talking about. Blue lunge is probably the second most played physical attack in blue after head knock since the beginning of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, v3rse said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Blue lunge is probably the second most played physical attack in blue after head knock since the beginning of the game.

Really?  Blue Head Knock I absolutely see all the time.  But I have yet to have anybody use a Blue Lunge against me.  Granted, I have not fought many blue decks in tournaments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Really?  Blue Head Knock I absolutely see all the time.  But I have yet to have anybody use a Blue Lunge against me.  Granted, I have not fought many blue decks in tournaments.

Probably just because physical blue hasn't been viable for a while. The new mastery should change that. I expect we'll see it in every resourceful deck.

 

Edit: also I forgot about blue betrayal. Betrayal is probably number 1 actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I ran Blue Protective and Blue Resolute during their respective sets and never used Blue Lunge. But the decks I was using never had use for it.

I run it in my random Blue Resolute Frieza.  I don't run a crazy amount of setups but lunging into a VTP or Villainous Visage is really great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.