v3rse

New Mastery Ideas

I for one am getting a ton of ideas for these new masteries, so I thought I'd get some conversation going. Since the new MP's are mostly not finalized or revealed I'd like to keep this topic restricted to old MP's paired with new masteries. Otherwise go wild.

Here's some of my ideas:

-mischievous cell: hand control paired with reliable mill and deck dismantling seems like it could go the distance. Plus it's my favorite villain in one of my favorite styles. Mischievous bardock seems equally as scary.

-Amplified goku: yamcha and hero 18 seem like the obvious picks for this mastery, and wheelo seems fun but probably inconsistent. However drawku seems at least as strong. Amplified mastery does a lot of things, but 2 things it doesn't do are hand advantage and damage modifiers (except on one telegraphed attack). Goku provides both and has a reliable drill searcher to boot. Nothing fancy here. Just straight overwhelmingly advantage. 

-oppressive vegeta: this deck would work similar to ascension vegeta as a dual threat mppv/survival. It would use awakening vegeta and as much anger and skips as you can fit. Do some damage, level up, and end combat. You probably want to keep your freestyle count as low as possible to keep the when entering skip fairly consistent. Probably just run final flash, gallic gun, enraged blast, and maybe AK. But most importantly allied blitz which will make all your energies skip for extra anger that your opponent won't have much opportunity to react to.

-combative pikkon: highly defensive anger stall

-resourceful broly: because damage mods and hand advantage. He also seems the most capable of using forced level ups advantageously.

-enlightened nail: I honestly don't like this mastery because it feels like a do nothing all game then luck sack into dbv mastery, but I felt like I had to pick someone. Nails 3 and 4 are poised to make the best use of the mastery. Hopefully his new lv in OP1 will help his early game. But the best thing about this mastery to me is namekian backhand for 12 stages unpreventable not redirectable with no set up required. 21 on nail 3 or 18 on gohan 3.

What are you guys mulling over?

:/

That's actually sad. Unlike Last time where I had a laundry list, mine is very small.

Probably just Black Mischievous No17. Black Cut Off + No17 is enough to make the deck neat. Probably other cool things with Mischievous,

Red Amplified is neat and I like it, but I'd need to see an improvement in Red's Energy Attacks. I don't feel there are enough worth using to make this Mastery worth using over a similar build in Orange. Then there is Red's Drills and I'm not entirely convinced something is build around worthy. I'm just sitting here thinking 'Why not play Orange'. I need something unique and fun in Red's pool to make this deck.

Orange Combative is something I'd only play if Orange Adaptive was gone. No reason to play it with Adaptive in existence. I can't even think of any real, tangible benefits this has over Adaptive. I don't think the Prevention is bad, just only 1 Drill combos off it, a Drill you can just use in Adaptive, even then, I can't help but feel Red Ascension Yamcha or No18 is just better at it.

I don't like Blue Resourceful. I don't get Blue in general. :(

The more I look at Namekian Enlightened, the more I think I might like it. Might have a Namekian Piccolo deck there with Evolution Piccolo. Can drop Weighted Clothing easy in that deck. Would need a new 1, but Level 2 and 3 can take advantage of it. 4 can DBV out of no where.

Saiyan Oppressive I just don't really no who to pair with it. Broly seems like an obvious choice. Lots of Stage Lock there. Nappa isn't bad.

The only things I'm going to work on with this other than the obvious A17 Mischievous is Raditz with Oppressive and Slug Infinite NDB 7 with the new Namekian. Aside from that I don't have much interest in the new Mastery cards quite yet. 

The Red Mastery is cool if you can get in a position where you can hold 4 anger. Throwing level 1 Pikkon's free energy for 7-8 Life Cards was pretty epic (this was with despair drill in play and 1 Red Leap Rejuvenated). I played 2 games against Ruthless Chilled and the first game was a total wash. I changed some stuff up and although it's a battle for stages the whole game, damn does it hit like a truck. I think for red to really have a chance against stage beats decks they're going to need to add some stage support cards.

Blue Resourceful Mastery is good. Like really good.  At first I thought it was underwhelming but somehow it works. I'd like to see some stage beats decks that use Blue Cleanse to their advantage with this mastery. I could see Nappa leveling up and using Blue Cleanse to grab energized charge- Dig- Draw card- and commencing beatings. Chilled is also capable of doing something like this with his Energized Volley. I've played a few games with this mastery and Raditz already and it leads to really big combats.

On 11/6/2017 at 7:17 AM, v3rse said:

-Amplified goku: yamcha and hero 18 seem like the obvious picks for this mastery, and wheelo seems fun but probably inconsistent. However drawku seems at least as strong. Amplified mastery does a lot of things, but 2 things it doesn't do are hand advantage and damage modifiers (except on one telegraphed attack). Goku provides both and has a reliable drill searcher to boot. Nothing fancy here. Just straight overwhelmingly advantage.

I'm seeing a lot of talk that Wheelo is good in Amplified. I see it, just don't know what it offers over Yamcha in Orange though. I guess there might be an argument for Red Amplified Gohan, the Level 2 from Premier is like Wheelo.