Sign in to follow this  
Jaith1

Ascension Yamcha deck

Hey guys, thought I would break the ice here and post some decks I am fooling around with.  Here I will present Ascension Yamcha combo energy beats.

Red Ascension Mastery

Yamcha - Sleeping

Yamcha - On the Move

Yamcha - Surprised

Yamcha - Happy

Yamcha's Expert Assistance x3

Red Relaxation x3

Unleashed x3

Heroic Energy Sphere x3

Confrontation x3

Battle Pausing x2

Time is a Warriors Tool x1

Yamcha's Rescue x3

Red Reverse x2

Red Blocking Hand x3

Red Disregard x3

Red Flee x3

Red Brace x3

Energy Toss x3

Quick Blast x1

Red Trailing Blast x3

Red Energy Blast x3

Red Static Shot x3

Red Left Bolt x3

Red Tandem Blast x3

Red Downward Burst x2

Red Combined Blast x2

Red Android Twin Beams x2

Attacks: 25

Blocks: 18

Events: 11

Planning: 6

Endurance: 41

Ascension Mastery was chosen for this deck because I liked the anger it provides for my anger resource cards and its ability to slime a level or two throughout the game. 'Lower Your anger 3 levels to do x' is effortless with Ascension seeing as you get a free anger at the end of combat and then you can mastery for the 1 anger + skip. This has proved to be a simpler fool-proof method compared to Amplified+Embarrassing drill. In addition, Ascension's 2 stage gain per crit proved to be invaluable when I finally get that dream combat to start chaining red trailing blasts with unleashed/tandem blasts.

At the end of the day, it still doesn't have an answer to Black Power up regrettably. Red Team Fire being banished after use and no endurance proved to be too clunky (couldn't recycle it with the lv2). I am exploring the idea of Namek Ball 4, and Red Observation and ditching my set-ups completely (Maybe run x2 Moment of Peace).  Quick Blast has proven very useful in disrupting SKai's ability to recycle blocks, so that's a card worth running x2-3 of, especially with bio-broly's selective rejuv nonsense just around the corner. Tandem/Combined Blast also provide amazing control, as is already established.

-3 Red Relaxation

-3 Yamcha's Expert Assistance

+1 Quick Blast

+1 Red Combined Blast

+1 Red Observation

+1 Namek Ball 4

+2 Moment of Peace

Any comments/advice are of course more than welcome!

I don't hate the idea of ditching your setups because of prideful challenge and I definitely like the idea of using quick blast to counter(?) supreme kai. Super curious, why battle pausing? Is there a combo I'm not seeing here?

Well, to be fair, prideful challenge can’t touch relaxation. I have just encountered too many Nappa/Yajiribe allies recently.

in regards to battle pausing: this deck was originally a ruthless energy beats deck, but I quickly discovered I needed more stages/anger for what I was planning to do. The inspiration comes from here: https://dbztopcut.com/deck/red-ruthless-yamcha-15 

where battle pausing allows you to better sculpt your hand for that killer combo. 

I am also debating on whether I should run more anger to misguide my opponent, but there simply isn’t room in the deck for that.

Here is the latest iteration of the deck:

Red Relaxation x3

Red Promonition x2

Namek Dragon Ball 4

Unleashed x3

Heroic Energy Sphere x2

Confrontation x3

Red Observation x1

Time is a Warriors Tool x1

Yamcha’s Rescue x3

Red Blocking Hand x3

Red Reverse x2

Red Flee x3

Red Brace x3

Quick Blast x1

Red Trailing Blast x3

Red Energy Blast x3

Red Static Shot x3

Red Tandem Blast x3 

Red Combined Blast x3

Red Downward Burst x2

Red Android Twin Beams x2

Red Controlled Blast x2

Red Shielded Strike x2

I swapped out left bolt and energy toss for Palm Shots and enhanced beams because the deck felt in need for endurance. Both of my discard pile tech options are now endurance 1, styled (relevant for lv2 and Red reverse), raise my anger 1, and only cost 2 stages which has drastically improved the deck.

I dropped Red Disregard and Battle Pausing because I decided to stop screwing around mostly. Red Controlled Blast is the new phys block because I can tutor it with my lv2 against phys beats and still use it in other match ups. Red Shielded Strike is an underrated card, but I still laugh at how it’s floating effect (that you pay 3 anger for!) stops itself. Needless to say it’s still good for what it does and has endurance 2. 

Lastly, I replaced Expert Assistance because Majin Vegeta is too relevant. I am very happy with Red Premonition as both anti-mppv/Unleashed tech. It’s just a crucial combo piece for that kill combat and I am embarrassed how long it took me to remember to include it (my ruthless Drawku was running this card ffs).

Overall I am really happy with the deck at this point, but this will likely change when the new set is released.