I figured I'd make this thread since several cards from the upcoming set have been shown now, and I figured it could be fun to talk about.

Namely, we have new Broly levels and Bojack finally has an MP.
Now, I'm not going to bother doing a full breakdown of either stack. There are plenty of those online already, and honestly, they are both very straight forward stacks that don't really require big breakdowns. But I do kind of want to explore the biggest positive I see in the new Broly levels; The ability to somehow restrict the old Broly stack.

I know a lot of people would rebel against the idea, and just be incensed by the idea, especially since I don't think Broly has been performing THAT well in recent competitive scenes. But honestly, I'm just glad that it's even an OPTION now since previously, there was no way to restrict him without making the MP entirely unplayable. Now, if there is another big shift in the meta, and he starts to dominate entirely, they can emergency restrict one of his levels or something, and use that as a short-term fix while they work up to a newer fix.

That said, it's also kind of cool that we now have Energy Beats Broly. I don't really think his new stack is quite as overwhelming as his classic stack, but I like it's synergy with Rampaging Mastery and the ability to almost just skip to level 3/4 off of a single decent combat. His first level comes across as serving the same function as Awakening Trunks(?), and his search on Level 2 basically gives you his 3 so long as you have ANY +2 anger card in hand already. That said, I could easily see this getting overwhelming/broken depending on what other cards come in this set.

Bojack is considerably more boring, which I actually find surprising (at least, personally). I straight up think he's the entire Blue Style wrapped up neatly in a single MP, and considering that I main Blue and love Bojack, that feels like it's a love letter. But he's just not interesting to me? Anger control is neat, Level controlling is neat, his Setup and Ally aren't bad by any means, but he doesn't really capture me. I'll still give him a shot (probably on OCTGN), but he's TOO Blue in the same way that Bardock was... Well, yeah.
Like, Blue thematically has Allies and Setups. He has that. It thematically has some anger control, both supporting their own, and lowering the opponent's. He has that. Blue has some controlled Rejuv. He has that. Blue has board control (Betrayal and co.). HE HAS THAT.
It could be cool to have these Blue themes in the other colors, but he feels like a checklist. |:

What do you guys think so far?
Also, hoping for/looking forward to a new Gohan stack personally.

While Bojack’s synergy with Malicious Intent and Resolute Mastery are obvious, I don’t actually think he needs Blue style to thrive. His engine synergizes with blue, sure, but I believe he can easily thrive in other styles. I hope to see him Red but I anticipate seeing him in Black/Orange for sure. He is pretty cool because he will be the best MP to tutor stuff from his discard to his hand.

Broly is of course interesting. He will replace Raditz as the “Saiyan Menace MP” and he will also be able to effectively tutor anything from discard with Saiyan Rescue and his lv3 power. I expect to see him in hybrid beats, but not pure energy beats. 

It will certainly incentivize discard pile hate again. My Devastating Blows will pretty much go back in my deck at this point. 

I think you somewhat missed what I was saying on Bojack there xD I don't think he needs Blue by any means, I just find his design boring as it hits all the same points as Blue to a T. If you make a list of things Blue does, and a list of things Bojack does, they'd just about be identical.

Now that you bring up Discard Hate as an anti-Broly though, it does make me curious if this means that Majin Vegeta will continue as he has been, and if he will exist as a hard-counter to Broly.

Ah, might have misunderstood you then.

But I will say the more interesting thing about Bojack is the “Malicious Intent” card that he will be able to capitalize best on.

My gut-feeling is the new Broly can’t compete with how relevant M Vegeta is, but dynamic Broly will have saiyan menaces coming right out of the gate.

If better tech comes out aganst level hop, or if ally mill gets stronger, then maybe Broly can compete. That’s my uneducated guess.

I think the thing I am looking forward to most from this new set is the revealed  Orange Energy Focus, and Orange Palm Charge

A LOOOOT of hate towards the two orange cards over on Retro right now, and yeah they could maybe use a little balance tweaking, I like the overall feel of both these additions. Everyone may hate orange, but the style has been struggling for a  while after taking hit after hit to the one playable strategy it had. Now, all it really has left is Adept, which struggles to keep up with some of the more consistent power houses in the stage beats department since it has such a bad reset if it levels at a bad moment.

Palm Charge breathes new life back into Adaptive mastery especially since it's the only orange mastery left that doesn't get completely destroyed with a mistimed level change and now that it can play unleashed means it would be able to safely play devouring drill again as well (In case you missed out, most people find that devouring drill isn't worth the risk, since a person can unleash, level their MP and take away the advantage of the devouring drill play).  Even without considering what it opens up in terms of new decks with old masteries, it also just gives Orange back a solid energy beats feel, which I think they should have. Physical beats have been pretty strong as of late and between stage beats locking you out of your energies and control decks not letting your energies hit Orange hasn't really been playing energy attacks nearly as often as mill cards and other whacky strategies to try and push damage. Palm Charge directly attempts to address the issue and I like the attempt. Would personally like the damage on it dropped so maybe it didn't push itself to crit threshold and probably limit it to reduce stage cost to minimum of 1 / both effects only apply to styled attacks.. but still. I like the card and what it is trying to do, regardless of what people say about it.

Orange Energy Focus, okay I'll admit, I'm a bit biased on this one. Yes, the fact that this card is just basically a better version of Decap is going to upset people. Yes, just like with Decap this card immediately gets set as a 3-of in any deck looking to squeeze as much power and consistency from their energy beats as they can. But you know what else this card is great for...? My abandoned Combative Gohan deck! That's right! LOOK AT THIS GLORIOUS CARD! I can tutor it with Gohan level 2, if I use it as just it's own base attack I can drain myself to 0 AND have the advantage of it not banishing after use so that I can just combative mastery it back into the deck for the following combat, and if I need the utility of an attack in my discard I have all of that at my disposal on demand as well. I LOVE this card. Was SO excited when I read this thing. Can't wait to test the deck out and see how it does with this new goodie.

Other notable cards I would like to mention; Red Focus says Hello to Red Frieza, Red Vegeta (Pick your flavor) and Red Tien. Resourceful Dabura is coming, so get your bodies ready. The new Krillin ally with Set 4 Goku or Hercule is going to get silly for some decks to try and get around, and I am enjoying all the support going to Conflict and Enlightened Masteries.

We only have a week left before the set drops, and only a week after that until Grand Kai so my mind has been trying to go over as much of the dumb interactions as I can of what has been released. It has been a long 7 months of no sets but the set so far is something else, that's for sure.

I can tell you very blatantly why I have come to despise the orange style: my favorite style is Red. And the way they are making the new orange cards is just about taking an old red card making it better.

Orange Juke is a better version of Red Stop.

Orange Beatdown is a better version of Red Slide. 

Orange Sweeping Blast is a better version than Red Combined Blast and Red Tandem Blast. (It should say “Banish a Drill you control”).

So looking at Orange Energy Focus and Red Focus side by side irks me to no end. 

I would say that Orange is plenty strong at the moment and I think people are avoiding the style for that reason. All of the orange masteries are viable with multiple MP’s. How many other styles can truly claim that? 

I am not a fan of the "Orange is red but better" sentiment that people have picked up. Yes, they both do drill things. By that sentiment is Red just Saiyan but better? It has better beats than Saiyan, has better anger than Saiyan, has wider access to MPs than Saiyan. 

Juke is better under certain circumstances and worse than Stop in others. Stop is blank is you don't have anger or a drill in discard / banish. Juke at least rejuvinates a drill even if you don't meet the clause but doesn't get to touch banish zone. Banish zone retrieval is HUGE. It's a fair trade.

I'll grant you, beatdown is better than slide. Only up side to slide is it's for the whole combat, but sucks that if you level from the anger on it you lose the drills it was trying to protect. Really should have had the protection clause before the anger like beatdown has, then it would be a completely different story. 

Sweeping Blast vs Tandem Blast feels very equal. Downside to tandem blast is it was designed with masteries and play styles in mind that have already been banned / errata'd away from Red (Such as Enraged giving you a draw on the de-level, using Tandem Blast to de-level after the unleashed+trailing blast Drawku shenanigans during Set 7 for more abuse, having tactical drill so you always have fuel for your anger spenders etc). Both are extremely good. 

Personally, I've been playing more red than orange because I think we have a very different opinion of "viable" - our play group is still pretty competitive. Orange doesn't get wins often in our group, regardless of strategy or MP unless we're going for the D-tier decks, orange really isn't a problem. Red is PLENTY strong right now, Amplified is struggling a little but Ruthless and Ascension are both more than fine. 

~Edit~
I just realized you were disappointed with Red Focus? :O How? Do you just not play MPs with good named attacks? Or just don't like the feel of it? 
Think about a situation like your Ruthless Dabura/Tien, you can set up HUGE combo plays. What about the game you are playing as Majin Vegeta, you are up against that pesky control player and have a final flash chilling in discard for a free combat? Buu, getting access to candy beam from discard for spot removal, Broly also for spot removal or for combo pieces, Red Frieza picking up and lobbing Super Novas from discard. Sure it gets banished, you'll get it back. It's not going to be included in Every deck, don't plan on running it in Goku any time soon, but any MP with a strong named attack is probably going to consider it. Good card is good. Shouldn't let Orange get you down because it is also getting good cards.

If you want, we can all point and laugh at Saiyan and joke about how bad they are right now. Will that help?

Unfortunately, I don't have a dramatic amount to really contribute to the styled cards so far. My main feeling on them is that I like that they are all fairly distinct from each-other; Black has Events, Orange has Energy Beats, Red has Named Attacks, Blue has setups, Saiyan has Not!Rejuv/lockdown and Namekian has a utility/archetype card. I like that. It's only a few cards, but I like that each color is focusing on something different. I really hope that carries on through the set.

On the whole Red V Orange thing, I lean towards Amanax's thinking in that the two still feel rather distinct. Especially with Juke and Stop, since Stop will always place it into play, while Juke is mostly a Rejuv unless you're playing it fairly early or something has gone horribly wrong (in my experience). Stop is also not brutally murdered by Majin Vegeta, so in this meta I'd say it's the stronger of the two.
That said, I don't think Orange is doing as badly as stated going from the Dead Zone reports, with two different Orange decks (& Masteries/MPs) placing second and third in the Dragon Prix. I definitely think the style is having a harder time of late than it historically has, and is perhaps leaning on MPs to help sustain pace, but I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing. I'm also not sure if that's even untrue for all the other styles right now.

A bit of a side note, but it only just clicked with me while I was looking over the cards that Saiyan has a theme of HIT effects. I want to clarify here that I always recognized those strong HIT effects, but I've never really recognized it as one of Saiyan's themes any more than any other color had them. Mostly just thought of the style as a cluster of different themes aimed at beatdown that dropped MPPV for easy-leveling.

Red Focus isn’t a bad card, but it isn’t a staple like Orange Energy Focus will be. Orange already has Orange Uppercut for toolbox energy beats, and now it has another one. 

I would agree that the two styles are distinct, but I still stand by my statement that the orange style cards have a trend of taking a red card and making them better/consistent.

Saiyan has always kinda been the shortest kid on the block, but Majin Vegeta can at least make all their masteries playable at the present moment. Drawku, Gohan/FGohan, and Broly still have decks out there but they certainly don’t feel as threatening. The biggest problem with Saiyan decks is that they are pidgeon-holed into Unleashed to be competitive. I think this is partly due to the popularity of Blue style, and I am not sure how I would “fix” the style.

Amanax, I would also be interested to hear why Orange isn’t winning in your play group. Adept Buu/Dabura/Drawku/Gohan are solid in my experience whether they use Unleashed or not. Adept Drawku/Gohan can even do energy beats. Combative Trunks isn’t dead. Adaptive H18, A20, and Yamcha are at least relevant. Hell I have an Adaptive Drawku deck that brutally abuses Orange Destruction, but I prefer  Combative Trunks for that shenanigans. 

Adept Buu gets stuck on level 1 and gets bullied by pretty much every deck 

Adept Dabura is fun and can pop-off, but Red Variant is less likely to draw dead and has just as explosive turns without the risk of being set back due to a bad level / de-level

Adept Drawku is something that we haven't played with a ton. Adaptive is more common for his level jumping nonsense. Deck is okay, but it's still a goku deck, it lives and dies by getting off unleashed/Kaiokens

Adept Gohan is the bomb when it goes off. Most of us have moved over to Goten Adept but Gohan still pops up here and there. It's solid, but personally I don't find it quite as strong as it once was. Between Black Mischvious Decks and Blue defensive decks, it just seems to have the same issue as Saiyan where it can't push enough attacks through to quite seize the game. Usually has some exciting games though, that's for sure.

Combative Trunks NEVER did well in our group with multiple people trying to recreate the success everyone talked about. What we found about it rings true with just about every combative deck. The deck does really well against control. It does not however do well against anything hyper aggressive like red/black dabura, it doesn't do well against speed MPPV like Ascension Trunks/Buu, it has no real way to mitigate allies, and the same weakness to allies doubly applies to Dragon Ball Victory decks, which it REALLY struggles against. The longer it can stall the game, the better it does - hence why it's good into Control, but really can't get going against anything else outside of some lucky games where it draws what it needs.

Adaptive H18 hasn't been played. It's not going to do anything overly special. Yamcha has been played (it's the closest to the 18 deck) and can make a splash, but adept yamcha energy beats usually does better.

A20 of any flavor has most of the same issues combative in general has. 

I think the biggest problem with Orange is the meta that it's played into. If your group plays a slower meta with lots of control and board, than Orange will do well. But against faster more aggressive strategies, Orange loses out just by the nature of needing so many dead combat cards in the deck to function. Then, if you do play a deck like Adept which is supposed to be faster, you don't have as strong of combo extenders as other top tier Aggro MPs .Uppercut into bicycle Kick into Bottle+Intimidating Drill into draw that hopefully turns into another attack is about the best you can pull off. And that's not bad, but by nature requires you to A) have stages for uppercut B ) have Bicycle Kick in deck C) have at least 2 drills you don't mind swapping out already in play. Other aggro decks can pull off similar levels of combos, but don't need the same setup, or use discard pile instead of deck so that their combo potential goes up as the game progresses instead of down. 

I'm not saying Orange can't win. I'm just saying it has a lot of bad match ups that are pretty popular.

My most played orange deck is an Adept Drawku running 8-10 planning cards. It doesn’t stubbornly go for a combo each game but plays differently according to the match up. I would classify it as an aggro deck...

Camping lv2 for the crit has been super useful. It also runs x2 Tug of War, x1 Orange Launcher, x3 Orange Staredown... so ally and dball tech is there kinda...

Speed MPPV hasn’t been a problem with lv2 crit, orange dressing room, bicycle kick, and devastating blow. Buu could in theory cause a threat I agree.

The last aggro match up I can remember playing (was a while ago) was against A13 tag team. That was a 2-1 loss Bo3. The 3rd game I was stuck on level 1 and kinda bunkered down but lost by 5-6 life cards. I have faced some mischrvous/ruthless aggro, but I can’t remember if it was with my orange decks. I will give it some play tests.

A lot of what I am reading from you is if these orange decks don’t draw what they need they lose... which I would argue could be said about most decks... So your meta is S.Kai, MVegeta/Dabura aggro, and radiant speedball?

I don't know that I would say we have a specific MP meta outside of our one Dabura 1-trick player. We have a lot of variety and most of the players don't step on each others toes too much. Since it's so long between decks and we only meet once a week as people trickle in, people with new decks to test get sent through a gauntlet ranging from Dabura/M.V. Stage Beats, Surpreme Kai control, Ascension MPPV decks, etc and/or whatever the person wants to test against. Then we as a group begin tweaking and improving on the ideas of the deck, so by the second to third week we have a really good idea on whether or not the deck could go to a tournament and pull off a win or not. Given our play groups success at Kai events I'd say it's been working. 

Orange decks just don't usually survive the gauntlet. There is always a common deck type that they lose hard against. Maybe we're just not orange players, but given that our results have matched the Kai results I'm willing to say we have a decent read on things.

Hmm, like I said, I want to get back to testing and consider your statements. I have steered away from orange simply because I never felt good when I have won with it, and I assumed other players shared those sentiments. If I was dead-set on playing orange personally, then I would stick with Adept simply because it has a comfortable aggro match up: hit with mastery to tutor out Check-up drill and then find ways to shuffle check-up back in deck, rinse and repeat. Add Gohan to the Rescue with his ally package, and you can easily set-up a board with Chi chi and burning aura drill for example. That kind of "non-mppv Adept Gohan" has a lot of cool options, where it can bunker down on lv2, or jump up to lv3 vs things like S.Kai if it draws unleashed (but can remain in a comfortable position if it doesn't draw unleashed).

If the only Adept decks you have looked into have been MPPV-focused, then I would agree that maybe orange wouldn't fair well in a gauntlet including speed-mppv (which I personally wouldn't say is meta-defining simply because there are plenty of blue players to keep them in check). I will agree that Adaptive does better in a control meta compared to an aggro meta, but I can't agree that this statement applies to orange as a whole. I have been wrong about things, and its interesting how this game has completely different perspectives, so I look forward to seeing what happens during this "investigation". 

Some have been MPPV secondary threat adaptive builds, with Yamcha and Goten for example. Some camp decks, like Awakening Gohan. Dabura has, at least in our group, wanted to get off of his level 1, when this happens he usually experiences a set back with the drills. 

Speaking of the Gohan to the Rescue and setting up a board with chi chi and burning aura drill, I am STOKED to reinvigorate my attempt at Combative Gohan. Sucks to have lost Focusing Drill since the last attempt, but with Orange Energy Focus allowing me to push down to 0 stages reliably on level 2 to make use of the all the ally attacks the deck got the boost I was looking for. It's still going to be an awkward build, but man, if I can get it working in time I might just scrap my other projects and take it to Grand Kai lol

Follow-up now that the set is officially out.

Combative Gohan still suffers from not having enough ways to get his allies out and while cool, just wasn't really working out. Back on the shelf it goes.

Adaptive decks though, despite the change to Palm Charge feel GREAT to play. Only seen and tested 18 and Yamcha so far but giving adaptive more ways to level certainly does feel like it was the right call. Also, Quick Toss is pretty fun to use (Feels bad having it thrown at you though). Gives Orange another anti anger tool for Earthling traited characters.

Red finally getting a pseudo replacement for Tactical Drill is pretty awesome (I say for now). Pretty excited to test it out in my Ascension decks.

Got to test out Ruthless Tien a bit over the past few days with the new named card and Red Focus. All I can say, is thank goodness Focus and the others changed into a copy of the attack. Tri-beams were getting out of control when it was just playing them.

Anyone had a chance to play test anything so far?

Not had a chance to play with it yet, but the cards that immediately stand-out to me:

Reinforcements
- Didn't we just get rid of this card? Jokes aside, an Event card that grabs an Ally from deck or drop with innate Endurance feels ill-placed in our current format, especially without any costs or restrictions. I'm not sure what they were thinking with this one, but I guess ally decks needed the extra freedom and support?

Tenshinhan - Relaxed + Targetting
- Honestly, I'm a huge fan of these two cards. I don't think it'll be enough to really revive Tien as a competitive deck, but I've gone up against some amazing Tien players before this support, and this can only help those players.

Red Celestial Strike
- Man, I don't even know a use for this card, but it feels really strong. Some free board control, some anger control on the opponent, and a bit of anger gain. Terrible damage, no endurance, and I can't think of a good MP for it, but I think this one could be a game changer in the future.

Red Focus
- We've spoken on this one. I actually do think this one is a pretty hype-worthy card, if not for M. Vegeta. It could still do wonders even against him, but it becomes a lot more circumstancial.

Orange Energy Focus
- We've spoken on this one.

Orange Palm Charge
- This card goes a fair way to make A18 and Yamcha very cost effective, very aggressive energy decks. Go in with a minimal drill package, just what you need to hold things together, and maintain a focus on just offense, and I actually think you could do real damage. Throw in Unleashed/other ways to attach it as well, and you can get some pretty good consistency out of it. Time will tell though.

Black Mischief
- This card feels like it could just keep on giving with the right MP, and weirdly, that's not with Saiyan MPs. I'm not 100% sure what deck could use this the best; surely there's some room for Tien, Supreme Kai can maybe do a couple of things, and there are probably comboes I don't even see with it.

None of the Blue cards stand out to me, particularly. I can see their uses, I like extra support for the Sword Archetype, I might bring back my Blue Drill Trunks deck or I might experiment with Blue Dabura. So I like these ones, but none of them stand out.
Namekian doesn't really have stand-out cards either, but I honestly don't think they need to. These cards are solid, they do their job efficiently, and they can add some variety to builds. I don't know if they'll really change the format though.

Finally, I see Saiyan is being pulled in yet another Archetype/direction. I honestly feel like the main issue facing Saiyan as a style is a lack of a core theme that the decks can build off of. There are okay cards in here for Saiyan as a whole, but this doesn't really help with that issue.

Ultimately, I come away pretty disappointed with this Set. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I had a pretty respectable amount of interest coming into this set (I was going to say hyped, but I think it has the wrong inflection for what I was). I was kind of hoping for something a bit... Well, I'm not sure what I wanted really. Maybe just for a bit of a chance in pace?

Yeah I can certainly agree with the sentiment towards the set overall. For a 7 month wait, it doesn't feel like it's quite what I was hoping for. If this had been a normal 3-4 month wait I would probably be more than happy with what everything got. Orange got support for a mastery that wasn't seeing much play. Red got more named card and alien support. Black got some cards to help with combos. Blue got more support to help a mastery with low representation. Saiyan got shafted again by getting, as Denithan put it, another archetype with no other support to actually really build around. Oh, and the free style cards help fill holes that the community has asked for (A generic replacement for Overpowering attack so ally decks outside of blue can exist, and something to answer Mischievous hand hate).

It's support on par with what I would expect from a single set. But enough time has gone by that we should almost have had two sets in the release period. 

We'll see if it's enough to stir up the pot as things move on though. I will say, one blue card that I am actually surprised about is Blue Agility. I just starting testing it last night and I must say I like it. Much like orange, it's another attach target without a detach clause. This is a big deal. Yes, blue had both Smug Punch and Rebuke as good attach cards before, but they both had the same detach clause of your opponent leveling up. Made it harder to stack them for multiple level jumps from unleashed. Blue Agility adds consistency to unleashing in Resourceful. It also not only gives you a damage amp to help that same deck, but gives ALL of your physical attacks anger hate, making Smug Punch stick longer. I had a test game last night where I had smug punch and agility attached, and since most of my physicals from hand didn't reference anger, every successful attack would lower anger by 4. Even the attacks that did reference anger mostly had an immediate effect to lower my opponents anger 1, so with agility attached, success still meant a -4 anger attack instead of -2. Made it incredibly hard for the opposing deck to have any significant amount of anger. A little over kill? Maybe. But I found it to be pretty useful in the one game. I plan to test it some more tonight and see if it was a fluke or if this might be something to keep an eye on.

Very bold game design, I joked that this set seems "aggressively well balanced" seeing as there are so many cards that I'd have to think really hard about splashing into older builds without major changes.  I legit don't think even the new low-power-level support card in Namekian fits into my Lord Slug deck, because I don't want to switch off of Radiant Mastery.

Well I think Enlightened and Radiant are polar opposites... I don’t think Enlightened would ever win by dbv consistently. 

My pet decks are Enlightened Nail and Enlightened Piccolo(rev) phys beats, so I certainly like direct strike and piercing kick. I don’t think these decks are competitive, but they are fun to play...  Unfortunately these decks need leaping kick and Unleashed because Namekian doesn’t have the slime anger without knowledge Mastery..

Some people are coming in for Grand Kai, got to play test against some of the upcoming competition. That said, I'm glad they changed Broly's new 3. His ability to make use of Rampaging is intense. Giving him a consistent setup draw like what was previewed would have been crazy. It's already not too difficult for him to go to 1-3 in one combat against anything that's not running ridiculous amounts of anger hate. Even then, with decent draws that's not going to stop him either. An early Saiyan enraged hitting the field before combat means it's almost a certainty he will hit 3 that combat with minimal effort. 

I am curious to see how he does in other styles though. Specifically red looks like a lot of fun with cards like Red Hurl possibly seeing some play.

Well, Rampaging Broly will remain irrelevant because blue protective Mastery is still relevant and black mischevious can wall breaker biobroly with impunity.

11 hours ago, Jaith1 said:

Unfortunately these decks need leaping kick and Unleashed because Namekian doesn’t have the slime anger without knowledge Mastery..

I keep forgetting that I took Unleashed out of my slug deck for some reason.  I think it's sort of a consistency/Garnet argument based on the fact that I only run three attachable cards (3 copies of thrust) but I guess you don't have to worry about cards not being in your deck in Namekian xD

17 hours ago, Jaith1 said:

Well, Rampaging Broly will remain irrelevant because blue protective Mastery is still relevant and black mischevious can wall breaker biobroly with impunity.

Depends on the meta call with Protective. I think based off of what I have sen the hardest matchup it would have would be a protective Future Gohan deck. But if we're talking tournament setting, Protective Supreme Kai is probably the deck you would have to worry about the most, since that seems to be more popular than Future Gohan deck at the moment. Kenosha had no blue decks at all. We'll see what shows up today. 

Wall breaker is a cute concept, but at least here no one will run that card. It's too risky. Throwing it against a deck that might run unleashed and giving them a free level can mean a death sentence for the match. Even if you did get the hit off against Broly, deck has a number of ways to deal auto critical damage if they get through the block line. Deck is fast enough to out pace Mischievous Supreme Kai early before SK can get his board established. 

This is all after only two days of testing with the deck. It's not unbeatable by any means, but I haven't seen a match up yet that can consistently stop it from popping off. 

How is the new Orange testing for you testing Jaith? Enjoying the new cards? They've certainly given the style a lot of new life over here. The Adaptive Yamcha and 18 so far are by far the most fun I've been having with them. Both decks can do some silly things, and even just the addition of Orange Absorption Drill gives orange a lot of longevity against one of it's formerly difficult matchups. 

Aside from Ascension level-hop Yamaha which has benefitted greatly from Malicious intent, I have Ginyu and Wheelo variants abusing trailing blast.

I have been distracted by Ascension A13 with Attitude Drill + Power Mimics... Amp/Asc Goten still seems better though. 

Yesterday, I built the jankiest Ramp BioBroly triple victory deck that I have zero faith in.

I have only playtested Adept Drawku once since we last talked, before Movie Set 12 release. My eyes are on Adept Tien/F.Gohan now.